Introducing Digitakt

yes. Push 2 is just a controller for Live, so if you don’t have Live 9, you still need to pay for the software. But, if you have the software, you just plug it in and go.

I have heard really good things about Montreal and LA. BC may have many of the problems you have with SF.

pad and pen? sounds like you’re talking about writing a musical score :slight_smile:
not a bad idea, and certainly one that’s been used by many for a long long time.
i even still write like that no matter what equipment I’m using.
had an OT for about 3 years and have never ever used the arranger
i write a score,
practice playing it
once i think i have it really embodied i then record a performance of it
(sometimes editing the performance afterwards in a DAW)
done this for everything from short remixes to large scale soundtracks.

2 Likes

Well, pattern chaining is pretty much botched! Too bad. I don’t even know what the point is of releasing a product with 8 internal and 8 external midi channels if you can’t even save a single chain. Wow. I’m going to take what I’m sure is an unpopular opinion and suggest that if they really had a special upgrade to their usual paytern chaining in the pipeline, that they should have pushed back the release until they sorted it out.

1 Like

I am sure I did :roll_eyes:
Back to playing guitar, have fun reading a manual for something that’s not out yet :wink:

interestingly, there are picturesque tram rides available in both Montreal and San Francisco

oh My…:grinning:

loving the Note 1 - 4 graphics for polyphonic sequencing on MIDI tracks …

2 Likes

I really dig those graphics too. Could totally picture myself quite enjoying sitting in the living room, zoning out to dub chords while plunking in different notes with that.

Elektron Transfer 1.0.0 RC (Mac)

So elektron transfer doesn’t work on the AR?

What’s up with that, a bug :ant: that continues until later this year?

Probably waiting on an AR OS update before Transfer will work with AR.

4 Likes

@AdamJay, does the A4 record all 4 notes when playing chords with the keyboard? same for octatrack…

It’s still not clear to me how the midi tracks record multiple notes per step

Crap I was hoping it would be more complete upon release but I don’t doubt they’ve been working at it like crazy already.

Honestly can’t remember.
I swapped out my A4 for AK.
Used A4 mostly as four mono synths with clever OSC and SUB OSCs p-locks for one voice chords.

1 Like

pretty sure it does, the A4 is poly.

from the OT manual:

When recording note data, chords consisting of up to four notes can be recorded. Note length, velocity and aftertouch will be recorded as well.

If you can’t save pattern chains, then I’m canceling my order. Pattern chains that can’t be saved are useless to me, especially when they’re put in place as a substitute for not having a song mode.

I really hope this isn’t the case though, it would be ludicrous if it were.

2 Likes

Is there a song mode? Unless they announced something new today? There wasn’t going to be a song mode on the DT.

Where was this mentioned? Are we sure the Master page won’t contain more?

in the manual