Introducing Digitakt

Or they usually deliver sooner after announcing the product …

1 Like

yes

The shit I’ve gone through to find out that a decent synth and a few volcas was all I needed :blush:

6 Likes

@Ess,

I have a question:

On the Cenk / Cuckoo / Superbooth 17 video (which we’ve all seen: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHMWyAnoLk
)

at around 26:00 Cenk demo’s the ‘lock different samples per step’ feature of the DT.

Then at 26.22 Cenk says:

“only one track can play a lot of different samples per step basically - “

Is this correct? Is this interesting feature only available on a single track on the DT?

Simon, can you comment?

haha i hear ya. im thinkin i might end up just re-purchasing a volca keys. has some lovely sweet spots, albeit a touch limited. but in the hands of DT it could be ample food :slight_smile:

(though if i dont check myself i could easily end up with another tempest) ^___^

EDIT: tho aCtUallY ima getting a Malekko Manther as soon as it hits the shops (and possibly its 2 brothers when theyre released). thats purely cause i think they are awesome. right up my street, gas city. so i dont need em per say but ima gettin me soem o them badboiiiis :slight_smile:

no he meant every track can do sample locks so the scope is huge from 8 tracks.
:slight_smile:

Overbridge is officially supported, but several people have reported issues with existing devices using it in Logic. It is possible they have improved it of course.

Thanks Lemons

+5 to phaelam

all happening on one track :cb:

No, but samples are samples … some may be useful or may require sample rate conversion

@phaekam - the video you’ve found nails it. Many thanks for the discovery.

1 Like

Elektron with his reserve on sampling, and his dexterity to handle and love the processes of sampling machines makes us hope for a better work and fun

Very good initiative from Elektron and a big thanks to Cenk for the sweat spent and the emotion transcribed for digitakt promotion :bouquet:

:okej:

3 Likes

1 Like

Dear lord, yes.

YES, conditional TRIGLESS TRIGS!

1 Like

I’ve been reading about the merits of loop envelopes for creating ambient sounds. I’m not sure I fully understand the concept. Is that something possible to achieve with the elektron machines? Would that even be a good feature to have? I’m planing on using the DT to create super long spaced out scary sounds and I’m curious about looped envelopes.

ditto mate

Moog VCA envelope loop

Moog Filter envelope loop

I guess it kinda like the loop function explainined for the DT in the videos…

Could make use of a new Cenk video every other day :slight_smile: He did a great job at Superbooth.