Introducing Digitakt

Maybe someone can hack the DT’s stereo outs to use two mono’s :thinking:

You can pan tracks hard left/right and record them out. Obviously you lose an overall stereo field in the process but could easily recreate that if you’re recording to a DAW.

Would you buy a Digitakt or Rytm? I can’t decide which one I want. :confounded:

Rytm unless you need another midi sequencer.

Ok, I am officially the owner of a Digitakt … :elan:
I cannot wait to receive my unit!
It will be the midi brain of my setup and the carrier of drums duties,
I am actually pretty happy with this choice over so many other options! :wink:

1 Like

I’d go DT if you want a fast box that actually samples (much nicer workflow for experimenting with new samples spontaneously). RYTM if you want analog drum synthesis (that apparently can also be used pretty well for bass/lead etc too - DT can approximate this with Single Cycle waveforms too tho).

But I’ve not used either box and its probably not that simple… For instance rytm has some kind of scenes, DT looks better for granular etc etc. Probably a lot of differences but onboard sampling and analog synthesis are the fundamental ones for me.

The MPC Live is hitting the store over here soon. Seeing as the Digitakt is still a few weeks away, I’ve been reading up on reviews and checking out some vids.

I can’t rationalise this, but when I see what the Live can do, the possibilities it offers, not to mention it’s battery-powered, compared to the DigiTakt, it would seem that for my purpose, the Live remains the obvious choice.

Yet I just don’t care. The DigiTakt just seems right, on another level. How can eight mono tracks with mono sampling, with 64MB Ram, no battery power, tiny display, non-velocity tiny buttons compare to the behemoth that is the Live?

Yet, it does, and comes out the winner, in my camp.

2 Likes

Elektron sequencer remains a pretty unique/persuasive selling point. If that’s what you want in your next purchase then no other box really stands a chance :wink: I’ve got 2 Elektron boxes already so I’m curious to step outside of it for a while and bring another set of options in with an mpc live (if it gets ironed out…).

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, the sequencer is a perfect match for me, whereas the MPC sequencer has never quite been my thing.

Put it like that, it sounds pretty obvious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What putted me off was the sheer amount of bugs of the MPC Live… And the lag on page changes when I interacted with it. Hopefully it will be fixed, but as I am upgrading my sequencer from an Electribe 2, my priority was flexibility on sequencing - and Digitakt has the edge on it.

1 Like

yep me too. faster ultra-intuitive workflow. sample-locks make 8 tracks much more flexible than would first seem. Ctrl-all (this is a big plus over rytm scenes too in that discussion imo).
i been contemplating mpc live too but DT comes out on top with flying colours for my work.
mpc live will be an amazing pair with OT, but live and DT not so much. dt doesn’t need it imo.
Woop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Help please, it’s possible to use Overbridge plug in of new DIGITAKT on Logic Pro X ?
I want to use and record sound of DIGITAKT on my project of Logic Pro X; It’s Possible ?

Seriously? You felt the need to create an entirely new thread for this?

1 Like

Agreed - I moved (thus your post may look out of context here)

Anyway - I saw Cenk reply to a user on Facebook to this exact question with an emphatic yes if my memory serves me well

I think we can agree that until this thing exists, most questions are being or should be for the most part covered here … it’s all speculative, real world questions in their own threads will follow for sure

I like the way you think, DT doesn’t need it.

I’m creating a small micro rig now around the DT, with gear I’ve used through the years that have left an impression of me, one way or another, and that remain quick and easy to work with. I’m thinking it will fit the spirit of the DigiTakt quite well.

2 Likes

nice :slight_smile:
I’m thinkin similar. totally streamlined my setup. just the DT, 303, a bunch of pedals n mi analog desk for saturation. gonna see how dt works with single cycle waveforms before thinkin about gettin another synth. don’t wanna do the aul “gettin too much gear at once” scenario n confusing matters, I know that only too well. gonna keep it simple.

1 Like

Yep, same here. I’m getting a small Volca rig (Sample, Keys and Bass) and a Reface CS, and then I’m done.

Also got the Sub37, but that’s like almost a thing in itself - a piece I’ll always keep, no matter, to sit down and just play, as a fine piece of instrument on its own. If I could fit a piano into my home, I’d choose between the Sub37 and the piano. It’s that kind of instrument for me.

But since I can’t, the Sub37 it is. And I’m glad I don’t have to think about options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Digitakt over the RYTM any day !..but depends on the style your in obviously
all i used the Rytm for was its sampling engine.
it was awesome to p-lock the sample-loop on-off which the octatrack can´t do,
while i found the analog sounds in the Rytm to be totally uninspiring on one side (tweakability on then fast ) and mediocore on the other ( analog sound)

nice. there’s always that piece or 2 that don’t get sold like the rest :slight_smile:
mini rigs 4 eva :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Compatibility Digitakt and other Elektron Machine: It’s possible to use same samples pack and projects?
Thanks