Introducing Digitakt

Well, all of the tracks can access all of the samples in the Project. You can load more samples by just pressing Yes on an empty spot in the sample list. I guess it will get a bit ‘scrolly’, but perhaps that is something we can think about improving in the future. Not really a hassle though, IMO.

4 Likes

Thanks for the GUI shoutouts!

However, I’m not the one who put the icons in the code - let’s give a huge shout out to all of the R&D team!

So many people have put in many hours of time into this project. Sourcing the buttons, encoders, screen, designing the case, specifying functionality, designing the filters, the drive, making sure the envelopes are just right - even small things like making sure it feels good to scroll through a list, or that the RGB lights on the keypads fade instead of blink - everything to make sure that this feels like a great instrument, and then of course putting it all together. (And all the hundreds of things I forget to mention…)

As always, everything at Elektron is a collaborative effort, and I am beyond words to be included in such an amazing team of incredibly talented individuals who put unfathomable amounts of hard work into what they do.

So… Thanks!

36 Likes

Thanks for info. Looking forward to getting my hands on one :slight_smile:

I feel this is often overlooked or unrecognized…
People build these devices? Wow…
Thanks so much to the whole crew…

10 Likes

Yeah some folks tend to forget those things ! but there’s NO DOUBT on that :wink:
This box is very appealing, I’m sure the sound and possibilities will open mind and creativity as well as all the other boxes ! Keep up the good work guys you are all amazing ! usually a pleasure to see Cenk, Olle and You keep an eye here and reply honestly to everyone here in every context ! and always the cool way :wink:

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Drum machine to accompany Analog Four?

@Ess Is Direct Jump totally out of the cards for the DT?

When I first saw the word “Digitakt”, I read the “Digi” part of it as if you were to say Digital, or Didgeridoo. It’s interesting how Cenk and Cuckoo pronounce it. I like how they pronounce it because it’s like a play on words. “Can you Dig it?!!!” :+1:

5 Likes

Thats awesome to know! Hopefully one of the mystery shops is B&H, since they say it is coming in “limited quantities” on their website but they got that for the MPC Live too, so who knows.

I wanted to order straight from Elektron but I did not want to deal with sending it back overseas if there is a defect and wait some more. At least I can exchange it locally.

Maybe I’m missing it somewhere on the stats page but I don’t see it listed that the pads on Digitakt are velocity sensitive. They have to be…right?
:zonked:

Reports have been coming in that they are not velocity sensitive…

B+H is such a weird place. It’s so strange watching your merchandise travel along the ceiling!

3 Likes

They are not

1 Like

I learned you pronounce Cenk’s name with a “J” sound…
Still have to get used to "J"enk and his "diG"itakt…

1 Like

They are not pads, they are mechanical keyboard buttons (high grade gaming type, linear action), so no velocity. The sequencer/sample playback however supports incoming MIDI velocity.

10 Likes

haha! That reminds me of when I introduced Jan St Werner of Mouse on Mars to cEvin Key at a show once. I have a German friend and I asked her before hand how to pronounce Jan. She said I was thoughtful by doing that. BTW, she told me it’s pronounced “Yun”.

2 Likes

:grin:its always the weird places that has great service. Plus they are the only ones that have Priority shipping, everyone else seems to have Fedex or UPS for deliveries.

Now this i didn’t know. Very interesting Simon!:+1:

1 Like

Just FYI I think you can get devices repaired in Los Angeles if something ever comes up…

1 Like

Ok, thank you for clearing that up so quickly Simon.
Cheers!

1 Like