Inputing notes from external keyboard in grid recording mode on A4?

So I have this Keystep hooked up to my A4, playing the A4 nicely - but I imagined the A4 would be able to record the incoming notes from the Keystep if I pressed a trig key and then pressed the chord on the MIDI keyboard. I know I can record just fine in live record mode, but I just want to insert specific chords on specific steps, without having to rely on playing them in sync - so basically like holding a trig key in grid rec mode, playing the chord on the Keystep, having the chord assigned to the specific trig.

Is there some setting I’m missing to be able to do this, or is this just not possible on the A4?

AAAAARG!
just bought an analog four MK2 and Keystep to replace my AK. I was hopping to enter chords just as you described. haven’t tried yet but i thought it would be ok as it is possible on the AK and the OT…oh no!

i will check this evening …

With DN you can record in grid mode and then copy the chord on the trig you want. I guess this should work with A4 as well?

With A4 i can record chord notes while holding a step and play a chord on my push via USB midi - no problem

1 Like

I think I red you have to go on autochannel for that.

I want to do the same switch. AK to A4+Kesystep. Hope I will miss nothing…

Hey, thanks. But USB midi? So you send MIDI to the A4 through USB? I didn’t think that was possible! That would be excellent! How do you have the MIDI config setup?

@Psilophil - I tried to set the incoming MIDI to auto channel now, but no cigar. Will have to mess around with it some more.

Edit - got it working now, just had to set the track I wanted to play to the auto channel number, and it worked. Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes