How do you all pair the RYTM and Digitakt

How are you all pairing these two? I have the idea of monitoring the Digitakt from its headphone output through the RYTM’s audio in. Anyone doing this? How is the sound quality? The other option would be to go from RYTM’s outs to Digitakt’s ins, but then the signal is summed to mono right? Do I lose all spatial info? Thx…

I do no believe that the digitakt currently supports the audio thru function so the way you mentioned first digi into rytm would be the way to go. I am currently running the headphone out of my digi into a monomachine’s inputs. It does not sound bad, I am also running the l/r signal from the digi into the mixer.

1 Like

Analog rytm input is a crap!!!

Very low volume on it!!

1 Like

That’s what I was worried about. And then the other way isn’t so good either because Digitakt doesn’t monitor a stereo signal. So I guess the only option is to get a mixer. Maybe they will fix this when OB comes out?

Well i picked up a Digitakt and plugged it into the RYTM and have to say that its really good. No sound quality issues at all.As long as the compressor is bypassed or fully open which obviously means that RYTM content is not being compressed. But it will do until OB and saves me getting a mixer or audio interface.

1 Like

Sorry for digging out this old Thread, but could you explain how you bypass the Rytm sounds from the compressor while still affecting the external Material?

Not sure that’s possible. the Ext in is routed in parallel with the AR signal path into the comp. it’s all or nothing

Update to this old thread… Its 2022.

The DT has a proper mixer now for external Input signals. It’s dual mono with panning so can be used as stereo… the DT has a compressor also…

I’m currently going through the process to determining which route sounds better…

DT -> AR

or

AR -> DT

Curious what your findings were? Does the digitakt sound good running through the rytm’s compressor, or is the volume too low still?

Most things I’ve tried sound good running through Rytm compressor

I’m using Rytm individual outs into a mixer with an aux sending back into the Ext In. With good gainstaging, the DT sounds great! It is easy to have the AR tracks too hot though

1 Like