Hip Hop Beat Battle #30: Outkast on Williams Street

In a similar boat as you all, but only have a couple of loops that don’t really work together so far. Got hit with a lame cold too over the weekend, which hasn’t helped much. Taking somewhat of a gamble hoping that the approaching deadline pressure will guide accordingly, but definitely will get something in!

1 Like

Would it help if I pushed it to Sunday, or should I keep the Wednesday deadline?

2 Likes

New deadline: Sunday, April 21st, 11:59 pm PDT.

Andre_sg_tea

5 Likes

Dam, that playlist is great!

2 Likes

Hey folks. Today is the last day, and we have one submission so far. How are we feeling?

3 Likes

I’ve done mine, I’ll send it a bit later today.

I’m surprised you’ve only got the one submission, I hope you get a bunch today

3 Likes

I’m amongst an internal conflict at the moment as there was some random inspiration yesterday, something in the air, but I will definitely get something in by 11:59:59pm :baby:

3 Likes

got one submitted, can’t wait to hear what y’all made again :slight_smile: cheers!

4 Likes

I’m hoping to have something in today. Got started on it yesterday. Gonna be a rough one! Appreciate the extension, feels good to make something again after a few weeks :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Working hard on stuff and excited about this challenge!

I was in college with a T-1 line and Limewire so the challenge-within-a-challenge I set myself this week was to only use [a s] material that was already on my hard drive. No YouTube, no new downloads.

Some of it is super low bitrate and aliased to hell but I think that sort of adds to the feel.

And luckily I just happened to pick up some Outkast 12"s at the last Record Riot that have a capellas on the backs. Kismet.

As usual, at this point I have 3 songs I’m sorta happy with and can’t decide which one is the real winner. Practicing them now… today is proving day.

5 Likes

Sounds delicious!

4 Likes

Alright submitted :beers: @sleepside This was a really fun and nostalgic topic to wander and be a part of! You guys, OT blessed me with such a phat remix yesterday that’s going to remain in a repetitive loop status as I’ll be at a wedding for the rest of the day. The only thing is it’s just drums and a bass sample without any AS elements, so I figured it wouldn’t be a proper submission anyway, therefore will upload it after the votes are in.

Good luck to those in production mode, and I’m really looking forward to this playlist! :eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone who joined the battle! New playlist and thread will be going up early this week. If I missed your submission (didn’t heart or comment), please let me know!

5 Likes

Voting thread is up!

2 Likes