Gigs in Berlin next week

I’m in Berlin from Sunday to Thursday next week. Anyone know of any live electronic acts to see, or electronic music meets.

You are probably more interested in personal recommendations, but since I haven’t got any in particular for next week, I recommend you check out Resident Advisor’s Berlin listings - they’re pretty inspiring usually :smiley:

2 Likes

…big summerhole, i’m afraid…

when i went to berlin i thought i would go to gigs and record stores, but instead i just walked 30 miles through the city…then again, it was my first time in europe

Second this, when I went recently other than the standard trying to get into Berghain (got in twice :wink:) we just looked at resident advisor and went with wherever had the most people attending and it was great.

Impressive :smile:

Depends in what you are interested. I used to waste time in Tresor on wednesdays, when the local new faces get time to play.
Berghain is nice, but there are so many more clubs.

check out resident asvisor, localized fb groups,
kater blau (sundays, often even mondays), beateuwe (sunday), ‘just music’ store @moritzplatz, wilde renate (possibly thu night), elektron has an office here now too, no?

Also, if you’re down to jam, or teach me some OT basics, def come over for a studio session near Treptower Park.

Was very impressed by about blank on a recent visit. Great vibe, seemed to have a fair door policy and a great outdoor area when the sun comes up. Also Griessmuhle is meant to have a similar vibe, not been yet. IPSE is another open air place that I enjoyed - if the weather is good I’d say open air is where it’s at! Also I’ve heard Sisyphos is great, not been myself.

I definitely wouldn’t get hung up on getting into Berghain. It’s a great club of course but nothing like the be all and end all of berlin, there’s so much else on there. I’d rather go to Tresor and get the whole techno bunker vibe without the uncertainty unless I was on guest list.

1 Like

That’s a lot of dog poo to wade through

i was more afraid of getting struck by a bicycle…you aint seen feces until youve been to san francisco…humans and dogs both like to poop on the sidewalk

On 16th we are making a little party at repeat in gorlitzer. Acid goonies live set. Small and nice.

1 Like

Bumpin’ this - I’m in Berlin this week as well, looking for tips, even beyond gigs. Record shops (all I know is Hard Wax)? Museums? Random sites?

Staying in Neukölln, so I’ve already had some nice time at Tempelhofer Field. Popped into a noise show at this spot called Loophole, made some bleeps at Schneidersladen, and walked along the canals. Unfortunately the days I want to go to Berlin Atonal are sold out.

Maybe this? :slight_smile:

Man, where‘s that studio of yours near treptower park? :slight_smile:

Yeah, we were there last week. Can’t really add anything to your list that we didn’t do except maybe to Prater Biergarten an old beer garden and Berlin cathedral when they fire up the pipe organ. The bass is enormous.

Ended up going to people fest at Funkhaus - what an amazing venue! Bummed I won’t be in town for the Aphex Twin show there in November - given the space I imagine he’ll
do something very interesting. After that we went dancing at Sisyphos. Weird place, but it had a great techno room. It kind of felt like a parody of a warehouse party, but was still fun.

Actually I forgot. We went to pop-kultur, it was ok, best was African band at end.

KOMA and Common Ground people are great, def suggesting this