First tracks (Dark Techno, Modular, elektron octatrack, Maschine)

Hello , here are links for my first tracks made with elektron octatrack as sequencer, then modular, (No coast make noise, geiger counter, Maschine for drums, and some vst like massive.Ableton and some audio effects for some king of mixing.

I hope you’ll like it.

Thanks for your comments .

Witch

Hades

Snake

Good music

4 Likes

Don’t you have latency playing maschine with the OT ?
If it the way you do ?
Thank !
Appreciate the synths and ambiances, the bass on the second track and the pictures…
(ps are you crazymilk from AF) ?

Second maschine question. Are you step sequencing via pads, jam, or tapping it in?

1 Like

hi thank you, Yes crazymilk from AF, it’s me.

These tracks didn’t have the same workfrow, so if i try to answer globally.

Synth are always programmed using a midi keyboard connected to the octrack, I play ‘‘live’’ to try to find a melody then I program the notes by pressing a step and playing a note on my keyboard so it’s assigned to the step, then sometime copy step to another location and plays with that.

For drums it’s nearly the same, exept that I play them and tweak them on Maschine, then step sequencing is done thru the octatrack.

I did have a little bit of latency, (according to my computer, around 5 ms) but did not matter for me when I noodle to find some melodies or drum pattern (I’m not a good finger drummer), then when I step sequence all notes, I sometimes move forward or backward the entire sequence using micro timing to find if the groove suit best in any ways.

But If I want to be honest, I really like the first part of creating the song, trying patterns combinations, and being ‘‘in’’ the music, but the second step is really a pain in the ass for me, (moving and recording theses tracks)

At first I used some crossfader effects on top of the playback, and the lack of ‘‘replay-ability’’ of this method make me stop using it.

Concerning my new workflow I think my new tracks will be more ‘‘ableton-maschine’’ based, because for me, every +1 functionality on elektron gear goes with at least one -1

auto flag^^