Encoder Issues

Hi all,

I bought my Octatrack in June and it’s amazing, it’s really changed the way I approach sampling and writing in general. The other day, though, I noticed one of my projects will no longer let me use the encoders to change settings (volume, effects parameters, etc). If I click the encoder it will show me the current setting, but that’s it. I’m wondering if I accidentally locked myself out of controls somehow? I have a backup of my project, but I’d like to know if it’s something I did before reloading it.

Never heard of this. My best guess is to raise a support ticket with Elektron and attach the faulty project to the ticket, so that they can try to reproduce it & eventually find a fix for it.

2 Likes

Did you have other midi devices connected? (to be sure that there is no midi loop feedback)
I thought about it because when you’re in Grid Recording and receiving midi notes it is hard to remove Trigs.

Check eventually in Project > Midi > Control your INT EXT settings.

2 Likes

I think you can forget the ticket.
If you set Project > Midi > Control > Audio Cc Out = EXT, the encorders act as you described. Kind of Local Off.
It should be set on INT or INT+EXT.
I hope that’s it! :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, that was the issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yep! OT without the ability to control with knobs would be a nightmare.

1 Like

Wowzer I just had same issue today on my OT and this fixed it! Many thanks- love my OT after the initial learning curve. Deep machine indeed!