Electro-Harmonix Rex

Looks good. Who’s ordering one?

1 Like

ME!
I rather like it when other companies put out awesome stuff. It’s a lot cheaper than a year of R&D at my workshop, and this is exactly the type of thing we would have jumped into next year.

3 Likes

Great demo video thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Ya know, at first glance it seems kinda gimmicky, but after watching that video, this thing offers a big bang for your buck. Lots of modulation routing and options, stereo, and looks cool (to each their own, of course). I hope knobs gets to show it off. It would be cool to see it paired with some elektron boxes too.

1 Like

It’s on the GAS list

Yes I was thinking of pairing it with my A4 - also looking at the eventide modfactor.

Wondering what difference in sound quality would be.

I almost started a thread on the Mod Rex yesterday. Electro-Harmonix makes excellent innovative equipment, at good value. It’s way beyond the usual effect pedal sort of thing for them. This would work well for me with guitar too, but i’d primarily use this as an effects processor for synths.

Thinking about this yesterday caused me to wonder about the Empress Zoia, which could probably do the same sort of thing this could do, and more (and cost more too), although which of the two will sound better and be easier to use is still an unknown.

1 Like

I’ve been following the Zoia for a long time…it’s still not released yet, correct?
Mod Rex looks potentially cool for sure. I’ve bought so many EHX pedals by cant say as I’ve loved any of em. They’re fine, just never quite amazing to me :confused:

The Zoia is end of the year prob – check the thread here.

1 Like

side chain with flanger sounds cool!