Drukqs

Just listened to Apex Twin Drukqs for the first time in a while. What an absolute f*cking master. I think this might be my favourite album of all time.

Those insane beats inspire me like nothing else can.

All hail!

Now if I can only get some of that going on my Digitakt, Digitone and Eurorack :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I remember that with Drukqs I had the first time issues with CD copy protection. Wouldn’t play on any CD player. I had to get rid of the copy protection via PC.

After all this hassle of course I loved it (as most of the stuff is pure genius), but I got a bit turned off by the track order switching between piano tracks / aphex twin core. I wondered always, if this was his initiative or Warp’s.

Regardless…a classic (even if sometimes hard to listen to) :smile:

1 Like

Great album, it rides two horses at once, serious Aphex acid twisters peppered with delicate intimate snapshots, some with that hauntingly toy like playfulness, but always with the threat of something sinister and unknown.

2 Likes

Still not is best though, for me at least. It’s very hit or miss for me. But the good ones are among his best.

I think that has been the case since AWV2!
Mixed bag, but a better bag than most…

This might be the #1 album that made me feel terrible about my drum programming skills, haha! Great album for sure. The track Vordhosbn is one of my all time favorites of his. This album ranks high for me personally, up there with Uziq’s Lunatic Harness and Proem’s Socially Inept.

20 years old today!

7 Likes

How is that 20 bloody years ago!?!

8 Likes

is there a computer controlled acoustic instruments playlist of drukqs about? i can’t be arsed to press :next_track_button: on my CD player. edit: realised i haven’t got a CD player.

1 Like

nice bonus one

Heh, my wife took my car since she’s commuting now, and I get hers which I drive maybe once a week. It’s a 2005 Ford with a CD player, and I’ve almost exclusively and unintentionally been picking out 2000s CDs from my collection to listen to when I do drive it. I’m gonna have to get Druqks in there next! An absolute fav of mine. I used to blast it in the co-op I lived in while cleaning after dinner so no one would come in there and bug me while I worked.

3 Likes

How i cherish my LP box set.

I saw someone selling their vinyl maybe 12 years ago at a boot fair for like 20 bucks or something. I didn’t have a record with plyer then, but jeez I wish I’d bought it.

ended up going on a skip, in 2021 this one was got me deep. amazing track.

Can understand the feeling.
There’s a few items i’m so proud to have in my modest collection and this Box set is one of the most glorious.