Digitone transport problems with the OT arranger

Hey gang! Having real trouble getting the Digitone (keys) to behave with the Octatrack arranger, particularly with transport.
If i PLAY and STOP the first row of the OT arrangement repeatedly, it stops the DN and restarts it from step 1 as you would expect as if you were pressing PLAY and STOP on the DN itself
BUT, if i manually select a different row of the OT arranger and press PLAY and STOP from there, the DN seems to now treat the STOP transport message as START as it does stop playing but once you press PLAY again on the OT the DN continues from where it left off as if repeatedly pressing PLAY on the DN sequencer.

I cannot possibly begin to make sense of this behaviour, since it only occurs with the arranger enabled and only if stopping and playing from anything beyond the first row which sends transport as you would expect.

It’s worth noting that pressing STOP on the OT and then also pressing STOP on the DN turns the PLAY light from green to off and then pressing PLAY from whatever point works as expected, but this seems like a confusing extra step. If DN’s own STOP button turns off the green PLAY light, why doesn’t that transport command do the same over MIDI? is there a workaround? (i have the blokas midihub)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as currently this prohibits me from performing with the digitone. Could this be a bug? Thank you

I don’t know if this works with octatrack arranger but for transport control on a lot of midi gear double stop (tap tap) will take the playhead back to the beginning. If that doesn’t do anything for you then I have no clue.