Digitone is now shipping

ironically they probably wont because people pay a premium to be first these days, its easy money. Why introduce it at a cheaper price when you have a loyal fan base and community that will sell out the shipment as soon as it goes on sale?
again I agree with your sentiment, but thats not how companies work these days. it wont happen… i just hope this isn’t the future of the company manifesting right now

3 Likes

thats 828.93 AUD… it still sells for 1100 AUD in Australia :sadface:

Ouch.
TBH I think loads of people want to be first and are prepared to pay. It’s partly the instagram effect. And I’m certainly not immune to GAS :smiley:

3 Likes

Source ? I’m quite new to this forum and haven’t heard about it.

there was some discussion on a forum about it, pretty sure it was here… cant find it right now so removed from my initial post, will have a look tomorrow though

thats the investment company, but not the post I read.

http://www.arctosequity.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Pressmeddelande_AEP_Elektron_en.pdf

3 Likes

me either :smiley: just ordered my DN today

1 Like

Haha if I get get reliable midi CC out of digitakt onto my FS1R, maybe, just maybe I’ll be able to resist…
I feel a weekend project coming on

Don’t do drugs kids, I’m gonna do them but don’t you do them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Are there any demos floating about with some spicy sounds?
Bit of shronk, squelch or metallic goodness?

The clips I’ve heard so far a nice tonally but very vanilla by design.

If you like total random chaos, I made a little generative test as proof of concept for myself but I can share it. Far from vanilla anything… :stuck_out_tongue:

https://soundcloud.com/hreinth/generative-digitone-polyphonic-test

23 Likes

What method did you use for the generation?

BTW- it’s gorgeous

Nothing fancy really…
I made a sound pool with 8 sounds, populated the tracks. 4 to 8 beats for drums percs and 32 to 64 for synths, basses.
Made 7 patterns with different time signatures and used 1 midi track to send self pchange ( 25% to 50% per trigs/1 trig per pattern ) plugging midi out to midi in.
I tweaked the tracks with ctrl all as they were playing in real time and after 2 min recorded letting the DN plays by itself.
Next mission, adding the OT to the chain ! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you, that’s an interesting read. Regardless of the existing bugs, it’s amazing what Elektron puts out with a team of 35 persons.

1 Like

I don’t even notice the difference really. The rectangle trigs feel just like the square ones, in some ways I kind of like that they are closer together because it’s easier to get around with one hand on the DN.

2 Likes

Man, it’s disappointing to read about all of issues people are running into with the Digitone. I was hoping the Digitakt’s issues would be a one time thing and that the Digitone would benefit from being built on the same foundation.

Maybe I’m being naive but I hope that Elektron’s current QC issues stem from overcommitting in 2017 (between the Digitakt, the MK2s, and Overbridge) and will be improved going forward.

I guess we’ll see how the Digitakt update and Overbridge come out, whenever that happens. I’ll be surprised if we see both in February at this point.

Congrats! Twins sounds insane!
He wouldn’t stop crying until I gave him the Digitone!

23 Likes

When I was that age all I had was a rattle :sunglasses:

4 Likes

When my son was 0 - 1, hè stopped crying and slept very well on techno

6 Likes