Digitone is now shipping

Absolutely. It infuriated me when I bought DT that there were huge bugs (like crashes when connected to USB and not clocking to MIDI) that the buyer had to spend ages rooting through the forum to work out:

1 - Whether this was a known bug - or you had a faulty unit
2 - If there were any workarounds
3 - Official word on fixes from staff

Sadly, Elektron don’t seem to get that customers have better things to do than try to understand why their new purchase is not working. A simple honest statement on known issues at a URL on the main site (rather than spread around the forum) would be ideal.

I don’t think they get it, which is a shame. The products have a huge amount of potential and some extra effort in this area would save everyone a lot of frustration!

6 Likes

Can anyone with the DN and DT comment on how the rectangle trigs compare to the squared DT ones?

Are there any music instruments companies (besides pure software companies) that maintain an issue tracker ?

Some very valid points there for sure. I’ll forward this to our marketing and development team.

26 Likes

Can’t wait to get one anyways ! Sure sounds dope !

I guess a few have knowledge bases, and some manage these things via forums - some forums are a bit better organised by thread than this one.

But the question is more ‘are there any music instruments companies that should maintain an customers’ issue tracker’.

Ones that ship drum machines that are unstable and won’t work with MIDI clock, or crash when conected to USB should have a note about this on their support pages, if you ask me (as a customer).

2 Likes

honestly a bit worried now that ive commited to buying the DN. I sold my DT out of frustration of no backups.

2 Likes

Two things:

1. I’m pretty damn sure that all music instrument companies use an issue tracking system of some kind.
  2. I’m not at all advocating that Elektron opens up their issue tracking system to the general public. I’m suggesting that they create and maintain a separate public list of issues they’re aware of and plan to resolve at some point in time.
7 Likes

Experienced some crashes here also. Unit completly frozen only a steady sort of triangle wave coming out. Turn off the on and back to normal…

Definitely this - I’m arguing in favour of known, confirmed issues being shared, especially where these are likely to affect a lot of users.

Edge use cases / unconfirmed reports etc… keep them internal! We trust you to know the difference!

3 Likes

You’re better informed than I am :slight_smile:

I think an issue tracker limited to customers would be great. See what sequentix does with its closed forum.

1 Like

this forum is a safe space for Elektron for sure, some harsher words in other places now that the second box in the DIGI series has been released with crashes and freezes. If this was Korg or Roland people would be sharpening their pitch forks. This good will is because of the great machines Elektron makes i imagine, unique and great. But this good will only last so long, already I am seeing people around with anger towards the brand (to be fair, valid anger imho)

2 Likes

Yeah imagine all the retail music staff that have to deal with angry customers who don’t use this forum, not fair on them now that Elektron are focusing on distribution to more retail suppliers

Fair play. I think there’s a ton of opportunities for Elektron to turn this into a good thing, though. Sell the first batch of a new instrument labelled as “Beta” or “early access” at a small discount instead of a premium, get a ton of feedback from users eager to start playing and help improve the machines. I think they’d sell the same number of machines, but people would have a totally different perception of what to expect and the whole discussion would become a lot more constructive. Maybe sounds nutty, I’d still give it a shot.

16 Likes

agree in that situation… but thats not whats happening. they are being sold at full retail

1 Like

In most cases at a premium actually. I paid €1.445,- for my A4MK2 and OTMK2 and €1699,- for my ARMK2. All of these prices went down by at least €50,- at retailers within a few days after release (which of course doesn’t mean a price adjustment by Elektron). I’m not complaining, I knew that was going to happen. Still I think in conjunction with the fact that releases tend to be less than smooth these days, it’s a strange practice and prices should be a tad lower initially.

yeah…DT has been as low as £529 (that I’ve seen) over here, usually closer to £560 at the moment. It was £660 direct on release.

this is a deep beast ! Just had a nice autechrian jam with it and so far I’m in love

5 Likes

Get some videos or soundcloud up! :smiley:

Shippedishipped!