Digitone 8 voices for 1 track

Hi Guys,

I just bought the Digitone, espacially for jams with other gear and Im trying to use one sound (or track) with all eight voices. How is that possible? Thanks alot guys!!!

Probably through unison settings.

1 Like

Ah thanks, was too easy. I just had to set all loked voices for all other tracks to zero (ord ā€˜Dā€™?)
Thanks!

1 Like

By default you should be able to use all 8 voices on a single track.

That D8 means that all 8 voices CAN be used on the single voice(but are applicable to voice stealing. YOu can turn that knob all the way clockwise(I believe the value will read 8[0] or something of the like. and it will make it so that all 8 voices are being used on that track- not applicable to voice stealing.

2 Likes

Curious and figured Iā€™d ask here as Iā€™m looking at an Analog Four or the Digitone as a synth to add to my setup soon:

With the Analog Four, it can be used as a 4 note polyphonic synth or 4 individual mono synths (Iā€™m aware there are ways to get chords out of the mono synths on each track).

Is this similar to how the Digitone works? If there are 4 audio tracks, you can use 2 note chords for each track? Thatā€™s just a guess, havenā€™t had time to read that manual yet, still reading the OT and a little bit of the A4. :smiley:

On the A4, you have the option of tuning the OSCs differently, and/or using the 5th sub Osc option- so you CAN. but if you want intricate patches your options are limited/you have to use additional voices.

Edit: but you can divvy the voice allocation-however each voice is a potential track

1 Like

I thought this was going to be a thread about how SICK a detuned 8 voice bass patch can get.

1 Like

exactly what I thought, surely we can do it with the DN, a nice fat dynamic woody FM one :rofl:

Oh- as soon as I found the unison menu I made a patch using all the voices :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not a fan of the unison mode tbh, unless the operator phase reset switch is disabled (to get rid of the ā€œbeeeowwwwā€ sound that happens when detuned waves start together), but even still I think it needs some fine tuning. I much prefer the chorus for widening sounds.

An interesting addition to the unison mode would be to allow it to spread selected parameters rather than just detune and pan. Could get some very interesting sounds by spreading the harmonics to varying degrees per unison voiceā€¦

5 Likes

A feature request indeed!