Digitone 1.01 : bug reports

As in… Not forwarding the incoming note when played live from an external source? Yes, I do believe so.

4 Likes

Yes, and when using multiple arps, etc.

5 Likes

excellent!

Yeah exactly, and from the Digitone keys using autochannel. Great, can’t wait for the update!

1 Like

Hi, bug report here : “SYSEX DUMP” does not appear in my Global Settings Menu - help please :slight_smile:

it’s under sound manager, once there, right arrow and down the list

I see what you mean, rcmusic, and I appreciate the feedback - But the the “sysex send” function inside the Sound Manager page is just to send sounds.
I need to be able to back up Patterns too - and there’s an entire menu category missing in my software.

This picture shows how the Global Settings page should look vs. what shows up on my machine

1 Like

reported that as a bug, get the reply that this intended because of polyphony. I dont really like it that way… cooler it would be if it would either:

1. just continue to react on param locs, obviously just for the sepcific step. do that for all playing notes.
  2. also if you play successive long notes with arp enabled, the notes in the arp get added up. but param locks get ignored. would be also cool if it would remember the param lock and keep playing the p-locked setiing each time the specific note comes up in the arp.

I’ve been getting this about 20% of the time I power up the Digitone. A power cycle appears to fix it, but would love to see a permanent fix for this.

Going Usb Out to midi to cv device into eurorack.
All digitone standard tracks have midi off
All 4 midi sequencer midi tracks are on but nothing sequences and the sequencer isn’t running.

If I play an internal voice in the digitone I get audible hits of sound like tiny hung Notes. But when I unplug the usb cable the hung Notes go away. Could this be a usb ground loop thing?

Going to do more tests tomorrow…

I had this same error, but only the first time I powered on out of the box, haven’t seen it since.

Further investigation:
The quick noise hits only occur when a usb device is plugged in and the reverb is turned up. Swapped cables tried turning off every other midi out function and it’s still persisting.

Can anyone do a test for me?

Hook up a usb device to send midi data to. Turn off all midi tracks on the 4 main voice tracks. Turn on the midi tracks 1-4 for external sequencing. Go back to track 1 and play a voice. Turn up the reverb and keep playing. Do you hear audio hiccups?

Thanks you!

Here is a sound example. It’s not constant On every note but is pretty frequent.

Also noting that even if usb is totally disabled in the midi settings the sound still occurs if the usb cable is still plugged into a running device.

The sound itself sounds like something is moving the predelay.

When recording in “Live-Record Mode”, note data was sent from an external MIDI keyboard (Keystep). Some (random?) trigs are recorded as lock trigs, although actual notes were played on the keyboard.

1 Like

Just received my unit - thank you Elektron! Here are few things I’ve noticed:

1. DRV in the AMP page has an audible click when moving from or to the 0 position (turning it on or off). Would be nice if this could be controlled to allow the drive to ramp in instead.

2. FLTR TYPE - would be great if LP4 could sit between LP2 and HP in the order they appear.

Can anyone else confirm this one, sound browser preview not playable from ext midi keyboard?

So hit func+lvl encoder to browse sounds

Internal keyboard plays preview sounds

Ext Midi keys play sound already applied to track

So every time I want to browse a sound I have to go from playing the keyboard to using the trigs.

Annoying when an ext midi seq is running

Edit: Autoch fixes this (default ch10)!

No problem here, even before 1.02

I’m very happy to say that I haven’t had a single click in any of my patches since todays update to v1.02! Well done Elektron!

6 Likes