Digitone 1.01 : bug reports

Do amp settings work, release?? Or not because of infinite note?
Can you shorten note and lengthen release?

I tried copying sounds in the sound manager to the sound bank, and instead of the window with a progress bar everyone else seems to be getting, I just get an empty window, a frozen synth for approx. 10 seconds and a buzzing sound for this duration. After that nothing seems to have happened.

My Digitone is almost straight from the box, so shouldn’t be due to any settings I’ve messed up.

My Digitone is no longer producing any sounds. It was working until I went to the Arp Menu and changed one setting. I have since done both a Factory and Empty reset on the device to no avail. I have used the device for a total of about 10 minutes. I’ve attached the TEST MODE info. It looks like I have one error - AUDIO CLK: (-) ERR 1. It also looks like patterns aren’t actually playing.

Another data point - I tried the PSU from my Digitakt on the Digitone and that did not fix the problem.

Finally, got around to updating the OS from 1.00 to 1.01 using C6 with only the USB. Zero issues for me. Easy as pie.

:astonished:
wow that sucks man

Its loud you def have to fine tune patches and then no pops

Hi, sorry if this has already been addressed. I’ve got new digitone with 1.01 already shipped. If I pattern change any of the presents there isn’t a problem. However, I’ve written my own on Bank C pattern 1 and when I select another pattern it shows it’s cued but doesn’t change. The cued pattern just keeps flashing in the display. Is there a setting I’ve missed?

cool thanks I’ll check tonight

Undoing copy/clear/paste of trigs, as described in 10.10.6 of the manual, does not seem to work at all.

For example, in GRID RECORDING mode, [TRIG] + [PLAY] clears the lock (“CLEAR LOCKS” message appears), but immediately following [TRIG] + [PLAY] does not undo the operation (the lock stays cleared), and just performs it again instead (“CLEAR LOCKS” message reappears).

(Or have I misunderstood the undoing procedure description?)

I think I’m having this same issue, but I don’t know how to send CC’s to a track. Am I reading that right? Change CC93 to 0?

No, you have to send a CC Command to the digitone. you can do that with a daw or a configurable midi controller or keyboard. You need to send it to channels 1,2,3,4 of the digitone. (if you didn’t change the midi channels)
i could explain in detail, when i know your setup (DAW, Controller etc…)

First full freeze. DN sending Midi clock to DT. Playing 3 tracks on DN.
Interface and screen froze while I was programming DT.
Sound still coming through ok but no response from buttons etc. had to reset.

Crash/Freeze this weekend.
Sequence playing on DN (Track 3)…
Then I brought in OT midi track to the same DN Track 3 for extra notes.
(I’ve done this before with no problems)
As OT midi track was un-muted, all sounds on DN were out of tune and completely wacky.
Crash.
I manually stopped playback on all of boxes.
Turned off DN. Turned on DN.
DN was just stuck on logo screen with OS version number at bottom.
I turned off/on a couple more times. DN still stuck at Logo/OS screen.
Then, I turned off and kept it off for about 5 minutes.
Turned on again after long break and it was fine.
True story. :nyan:

I have to do some further testing, but is this the standard behavior?
Parameter locks on trigless trigs don’t seem to affect arpeggiated notes.

Place a long trig on trig 1.
Enable the arp.
Place some trigless trigs (FUNCT+TRIG BUTTON) on successive trigs.
Parameter-lock some extreme settings on the trigless-trigs, so that you can hear the change.
Press play.

The arp should play, but the locks won’t work or will not sound as you intended.
On other machines (A4, monomachine) , the trigless-lock affects the arpeggiated note.

Bug?

When I want to save a project via shortcut, I just get a “error” message.

@Buska
@Ess
I finally managed to record those Digitone clicks: https://assets.bontards.com/upload/4e/4ed7d7fbd8b676ecf3d31aa347c5785e9e4f9912/clicky-digitone.mp3

(lower your volume !)

All parts have limited poly, total voice count is 6.

1 Like

This issue has been fixed, we just need to test it a bit more before releasing a new OS. Thanks for the help though!

15 Likes

Great news ! Aside from this, no problem… and I absolutely love the sound and ease of use. Being a long time FM synthetist (started way back with the DX7 when it came out), this approach is really refreshing. Thank you.

Great! Will the midi tracks also be fixed in the new OS?

1 Like

are they the clicks from inputs?