Digitakt Overbridge

I can’t believe Zoom is back at it with another arq…

Edit: nvm? That’s from 04/11

Right.

Still don’t know why there’s a post about a Zoom Arq so recently, tho…

1 Like

Once OB comes out, which DAW will ya’ll be hooking it up to?

I’ve been using FL Studio and Renoise for years, but am pondering giving Ableton a try. Not sure I want to reinvent the wheel tho as I’m already adjusting to the Digi-Duo.

Baebleton 10!

1 Like

BitWig will be PERFECT for Overbridge. All those modulators will be very copasetic with your Elektron Boxes connected via OB

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Moved video & replies

I still think it would be a good idea to make Overbridge a mini-DAW. All we really need is to get the streaming going and record the tracks, from there we can export audio to whatever DAW of our preference. Keeping OB compatible with all of them is going to be an ongoing nightmare for Elektron. Better to bypass that completely, even if it means less functionality.
(I don’t want OB to be compatible only with Ableton or any nonsense like that.)

I’m thinking along the lines of P606 for the Roland SP606

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAB-ay7K1U

A “mini-DAW” is much more complicated to realize than a VST and it’s the DAW-side where you get most of the platform problems.

DAW Compatibility: From a technical point of view there is simply no need to be compatible to a special DAW. OB only needs to adhere to the VST specification and it will work automatically in every VST host (need not to be a DAW) out there.

All we really need: Well, there is also the other side of OB (controlling the synth/sound programming) which is quite useful for some people, especially when a song mixes Elektron devices with VST synths. It was announced as full-integration, so reducing OB only to a multitrack recorder will not do it for everyone.

1 Like

Great vision
If this is not true would you like to sart a company?

We will start a club.

I’d say the elektron dev team are rolling around the floor in tears at that one :joy:

1 Like

You’re right, when I said “all we really need…” I really meant “all I really need…”

I’m pretty sure that VSTs don’t work equally well in all DAWs though.
If they could roll out the feature set piece by piece, as they did with the compressor, that would be fine with me. Give us the streaming audio out, and keep working on the really difficult stuff with the pretty screens…

On the box it says:
“Stream the eight internal tracks, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks”.

I wonder how FX bus will be recorded. :thinking:

1 Like

Hopefully just like AR, A4, and AK. They will need to introduce a “track routing” submenu under the global menu - By setting every track to “Send to FX” and disabling “Route to Main” you can isolate the effects through the main output.

it’s a good option at least: just render my Overbridge audio to pristine track-stem files please, i want to avoid any crackles due to my CPU/audio card/USB gremlins; streaming is a luxury I don’t really need unless I’m gigging with my DAW involved (which true self-aware elektronophiles would never do, would they?)

Superbooth has been open for more than two hours…

2 Likes

Overbridge Limbo would make a decent sci-fi novel name

4 Likes

Overbridge 2: elektron boogaloo

8 Likes

Missing Overbridge reminds me of The Notebook when his love interest turns out to be mentally handicapped :sob:

1 Like