Digitakt OS 1.04 available

OS 1.04 for Digitakt is now available for [download at Elektron.se](https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=digitakt#resources). This is a maintenance update. Please refer to the readme file for details. **List of changes from OS 1.03 to 1.04 Changes** * The grid record mode can now be toggled also while in Chromatic mode. * The chromatic keyboard now has an extended octave range when a MIDI track is active. * General performance optimizations. Time-consuming operations such as loading / saving samples and projects are now faster. **Bug fixes** * The unit would sometimes crash when attempting to save the project via the Func + Save Proj key combination. * In some rare situations, the unit could crash while loading/deleting/moving samples. Pattern / Bank selection could not be accessed when in Chromatic mode. * Playing the higest possible chromatic note (+24 semitones) on an audio track via MIDI would cause a hanging note. * If the MIDI Output CH setting was set to Trk Ch, the trig keys would incorrectly send notes to MIDI channel 1, regardless of the configured track channels. * If a sample was loaded to more than one slot, only the first slot would have the correct sample length.
21 Likes

let’s hope it helps :slight_smile:

those changes are all things that have bothered me!
let’s hope the stability’s better.
Great news.

3 Likes

Great news. Grid mode while in chromatic mode is something I really wanted. I hope the midi crashes is gone as well.

1 Like

Cool, thanks !

:thup:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

all good so far, save proj shortcut seems to be working

3 Likes

Still no encoder fix in the notes, I take it precise high res encoders are harder to achieve than they hoped. I am still not sure whether everyone else has the same problem with the feedback gain/sample select or mine is extra bad, only being able to selects about 70% of the 127 number range and having an over sensitive sample select that bugs out all on its own is wearing thin.

Update via transfer app failed, good old C6 works fine.

2 Likes

Update via Transfer went smooth here. Took about 10 second and a reboot to complete.

2 Likes

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I cant drag and drop the file into c6, sure I am doing the same as before.

if you have problems go into system menü.
cogwheel /system / OS upgrade
then move the sys.ex file to the transfer app.
had to go this route also vs. the last update

I wonder if it is just yours, when you say 70% of the sample select range, what does this mean?
I can test mine if you give me an example, like do you mean the screen bugs out from 70% onwards?

Sorry just reread your comment, so the 70% relates to feedback gain (which feedback gain? The delay?)

The delay feedback, there are many areas in the range where the selection goes in 2’s meaning lots of numbers like 99 or 56 etc are not available, its not like the other encoders where you just back and forth untill you get it right, they are unselectable. The sample select(on the same encoder) triggers on its own, sometimes while you are using another encoder it happens multiple times causing a flickering between the sample list and the source page. I mentioned it in a support ticket but there was no suggestion in the reply that it was a hardware problem.

thanks for the update ‘elektron’

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for the update. Though I am still on 1.02 and have not run into a single problem except for that hanging note, happened to me once with an organ sample that infinitely sounded until I entered Chromatic and randomly hit triggers to stop it. It was a roller coaster ride. I will update now :blush:

1 Like

user manual has been updated too.
haven’t looked yet though.

1 Like

You are probably hitting it slightly with your finger while turning the H encoder? Had this happen a few times too.

To select 0.01 precisely on functions you just need to turn the encoder really really slow until you are there. It takes about a second before it changes. So try to turn the encoder really really slowly. Works perfect here.

Great update, thanks Elektron!

They’ve fixed one of the most annoying things (other than the crashes) : it no longer asks for triple confirmation when you load a project and haven’t made any changes to the current project. Nice :smiley:

1 Like