Digitach - A Digitakt attachment mod

Hey Everyone; After getting my Digitakt, I was noticing some things that I wish it had. For instance, a built in speaker, and a way to mount my Zoom F3 for quick recording in. I spent a lot of time learning Onshape, as well as a lot of filament. I finally got around to posting my files and creating a video to quickly showcase the finished product of version 1.5. I hope you all find this useful and go out and create your own “Digitach”!

DJI_20240325172857_0168_D|690x388

Video:

3d Files:

https://www.printables.com/model/820051-digitach-v15

22 Likes

Ha this is incredible. Kudos

1 Like

super effing cool man. does it require the DT to sit elevated?

1 Like

Thank You!

I thought id share this incase you haven’t seen it. You’re awful close to a fully portable unit with you’re hat you’ve made

1 Like

Thanks! It does not, I just have a powerbank adapter mod attached to it. However, It is picky with stands that it uses. I use mine primarily in my lap outside

I did this right when I bought mine, but immediately removed to keep it primarily pure. It definitely is the way to go for full portability. I plan on making a few more versions of this mod soon.

If you’re going to continue to develop on it (and you haven’t already looked) there are some pretty good sites which help you maximize the airspace which a speaker uses to achieve specific results as far as your sonic goals. You might be able to add a chambered partition and shape the airspace below the speakers to further enhance your results. Sounds totally usable as it is though, not really a high priority kind of thing but you seem passionate about it and I don’t blame you, it turned out really nicely.

Mostly the focus is usually building bass cabs for your car trunk or for your hifi etc but the principles all still apply. could be something as simple as inserting a piece of PVC tube with a strategic port into the chamber which you could just buy and cut to size as opposed to printing, I don’t know what would be best in this scenario but it’s something to consider.

2 Likes

Wow, most people spend their music production time posting memes on here, but you’ve certainly found a unique, and not thouroughly explored avenue.

3 Likes

Very cool. As a heads up the GitHub link on the printables page is giving me a 404

1 Like

I’ll definitely look into them. Thanks! The goal is to cut down on size, while maintaining a better than decent sound quality. The inside will also be much cleaner as I have raw materials to create the cables I need.

1 Like

Thank you, I forgot to make it public :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing this take shape because it’s already great, also welcome to the forum. thanks again for sharing your work!

2 Likes

Thank you! I figured all of these other similar machines had speakers. Lets give the Digitakt some speakers and a cold shoe

1 Like

BTW, happy first post. That’s a doozy of a first post to outclass.

4 Likes

Thank you, once again! I’ll definitely be sure to find you after future versions

1 Like

haha thanks! I’m glad that my hard work and research wasn’t in vain.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this will help but this is a pretty inclusive overview of what I was talking about, some of it is pretty rudimentary, a lot of it is specific. I mean you can look for something that speaks to you in a way that’s easy to process and incorporate but this is probably a good start if you’re at all interested.

Loudspeaker Enclosure Design Guidelines (sound-au.com)

here’s another one dealing specifically with maximizing the use of mini speakers.

How to design with mini speakers for the best sound and reliability (electronicspecifier.com)

1 Like

Perfect! This will

1 Like