CV to MIDI conversion

I confirm that the BS rack convert cv/gates notes to midi.
For the price, it is a pretty awesome solution with a great synth in bonus :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: It would be interesting to have a benchmark stick-up post with all the cv to midi solutions and their features (note, cc, with computer…)

1 Like

Why Elektron forces us to use these converters and won’t enable midi sequencing on the A4/AK is beyond me. The unit already works very well as a midi controller, it’s just silly that they artificially cripple it like this.

2 Likes

I just won an auction for a Doepfer A-192-2 - will test next week upon arrival.

Yup. Why oh why oh why. Did we time travel back to 1981?
That people even have to raise this issue is to my mind just ridiculous and really shows the way Elektron think. Just clone the cv-out track to the midi out guys wtf?

Joe

2 Likes

does it work?

Yes

3 Likes

Kenton’s Pro CV to MIDI is now shipping.
Finally, a non-eurorack CV to MIDI converter that also does CV to CC#.

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/m-cv/pcvmidi.shtml

Manual available at http://www.kentonuk.com/kmanualspdf/pcvmidi-manual.pdf

3 Likes

mm…this one looks nice :relaxed:

1 Like

Lots of fun features under the hood, for sure.

Pitch quantization to semi-tones.
Auto-tuning
CV to Velocity/Aftertouch controllers…
Min/Max range AUX CV selection
S-Trig or Gate (for rising edge compatibility)
32 memory locations

A4 holy grail companion!

1 Like

Just about to get an A4 and getting onboard the trinity bandwagon. How much does this kenton box cost? Looks like a good solution for getting some conditrig MIDI from a trinity setup - perhaps send it to a bomebox for some pgm chng madness :loopy:

EDIT: ~150€? sounds reasonable

Indeed!
Turning A4/AK CV track into a MIDI notes track with 2 additional p-locks/LFOs.

Following on from this thread CV to MIDI conversion

Has anyone actually bought one and using it with their A4/AK via it’s CV track.

Reviews/usability would be nice from anyone on here who is using one with their A4/AK.

It works. See above

1 Like

I didn’t have this issue, but I didn’t use it with a Voyager.

Have you confirmed this behavior when using it to control a synth other than the Voyager?

Have you tried tweaking the output voltage on the A4’s CV?

1 Like

What voltage are you sending the Kenton (as seen/set from the A4 CV Config screen) ?

Hi Guys
Did some of you buy the Kenton Pro CV to MIDI?
I did, but I have a problem… The PRO CV to MIDI is connected between an AK, and a Dominion Club from MFB. It works except that I have no “note priority”… Basically, when I make two notes, one after the other, I hear a note then the other, ok. However, when I play a note that I hold down and play another note, the first note is not interrupted, I hear only the first one. Same with the sequencer, if two notes overlaps, we ear only the first one…
If you have the same problem or even better a solution, let me know! :slight_smile:
I did the test with a Hades from Dreadbox : same problem. But when I plug the Hades directly in CV, no problem it works.

Thanks

Hi,
Recently I bought A4 mk1 and found out that it has CV track. I also have cute little acid synth - MAM MB33 and really want to be able to sequence it with A4, but MB33 has only MIDI In and thats it …
I did some research and found that device :

Have anyone any on hand experience with converting cv to midi with A4 with this device or maybe there is any other way to control MIDI enabled device with A4 ?

Thank you in advance

I use Reatkor Blocks to convert MIDI to CV and CV to MIDI.

What audio interface are you using that allows you to do that?