CV to MIDI conversion

Does anyone know if something like this would work to control an external keyboard/synth with the CV track? http://www.electrongate.com/dmxfiles/unitrigger.html
Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

Do you own any eurorack gear? If you do or even I’f you don’t but you have a dc coupled interface you should look at silent way. It does cv and midi.p and is sample accurate.

No unfortunately. No eurorack here. I was just looking for an inexpensive stand-alone unit like this, but wasn’t sure if it would work or not. Thank you though. :slight_smile:

You could check out cvpal by mutible instruments - can even work with ios devices. It’s cheap and don’t expect too much from it but it should do what you want.
Check out their synths while your there - my second fav or equal first with elektron gear. It’s diy but I’m sure you have a mate who can solder or there is a trusted builders list and they’ll build shruthi, )0(I’ve got 2 at the moment and I’m getting 2 of the I oberheim boards for stereo processing) , anushri (cv patch points everywhere) and the mighty ambika which was just voted out for poly of the year by dsi p12. Very very cool

Hmm. I can’t tell if that CV Pal is CV to MIDI, or perhaps only MIDI to CV, or maybe both. :thinking: There are plenty of MIDI to CV options out there, but not as many CV to MIDI.

1 Like

I believe the keithmcmillen QuNexus offers some cv to midi CC options.

Aha. Thanks, NRain. I’ll check that out!

I’m pretty sure you could use any table synth with MIDI and CV capabilities.
The Minibrute and Microbrute should take a CV sequence from from the A4 and probably mirror that sequence at it’s MIDI OUT.

I’ve read accounts where people have used the original Bass Station (rack version) for this very purpose.

Might be worth looking into. You could get a great table-top synth with CV to MIDI conversion as a bonus.

Just my $0.02…

QuNexus offers both cv to midi and midi to cv, but depending on your set-up, you may also need their KMI Midi Expander to go along with it and even if you do not need it, for $49. or less extra $, it gives you a lot of extra possibilities on top of what QuNexus already offers such as; connecting to iPad, powering the QuNexus without a PC/MAC, et al. (the iPad will power QuNexus as long as you have the camera connection kit)
I have yet to fully employ all it’s functions and various configurations via software editor program for QuNexus, but it has THREE CV outs and a few CV ins. Before this major A4 update it would even rotate midi channels for poly on A4. It’s built like a tank and support for it is really great.
However, if you happen to have a Classic Waldorf Pulse Plus (only the ‘Plus’ model), it acts as both as well and Pulse Plus actually can be configured Hz or S-Trig. Then there’s the Kenton boxes for a LOT more $$$.

I’m also looking for such a solution to control my sidstation through analog 4 and I found this http://www.midikits.net23.net/cv2midi/cv2midi.htm.

I’m trying to understand if this solution works for my needs.

1 Like

Looks like this would convert CV/Gate to midi on/off. Don;t think it wuld do the pitch though…

Anyone else found anything?

I’d really like to use the CV out to control my Korg Volca Bass… loads of people must be wanting to do this?! Preferably with a little conversion box, not having to buy a whole synth or keyboard to do it!!

An old novation bass station could work to and is cheap and analog too :slight_smile:
Even it converts the cv signal to midi for another synth you have.

kenton pro2000 mk2

s purpose Expert sleepers silent way is a no brainer. Even if you have no cv gear it will do sample accurate midi to and from your daw. Plus it’s got all these ace step lfos and stuff like that. I specced a system out at about $400 with case plus I can use the case for other modular stuff. It’s total genius

Yes a autopowered little box to convert cv to midi is missed on the market.

I’m thinking about midi solutions products. They should think about it.

Has anyone tried this for AK CV to Midi conversion?

http://www.doepfer.de/a1922.htm

http://www.dv247.com/keyboards-and-midi/doepfer-a-192-eurorack-cv-to-midi-interface-module–219756

TE OPlab works if you don’t want to go the eurorack route.
Certainly more costly but it can do other things as well (CV–>USB MIDI, act as MIDI USB host… sync a pair of OP-1s, etc.)

The TE OPlab looks interesting. But the price… I only need a way to use an AK sequencer track to feed my Prophet 08. I have the iPad options. Auria has the real time record sequencing I need. ModStep seems interesting, but I haven’t clicked with it yet. But, to keep things simple, not much could top being able to integrate the P08 with my AK :wink:

I want to convert the CV out to midi to sequence my Prophet 6. Would the Minitaur work? Basstation must be the rack mount 1, yes? I am wondering about a Monotribe, now! What mod is required? I don’t have eurorack, otherwise the Doepfer 192 could be good…

I think the minitaur might pass along midi from its USB, it has no midi out port … But either way you can’t sequence anything but monophonic signals over CV.

Simple answer, use a DAW to sequence your P6.
Or buy an MPC or octatrack.