Cutting echo / reverb from previous pattern

Hello,

Does anyone know how to cut out the tail of delay or reverb when pattern changes to the new one which does not have the same effect? As it stands, I send program change from Ableton to Digitakt, but the echos from the previous pattern are still being heard for a while. I searched the forums but only found something in relation to the OT.

Cheers

Only idea is to have volumes and other fx parameters at zero on the upcoming pattern.

I’ve put something related in the req list but not sent to elektron

Or , setup an external controller to send zeros on button press / toggle.

Toggle between zero / generic values you like.
It works well , I normally use midi designer pro 2 on iOS

The first suggestion does not work I’m afraid. I turn off the delay on the high hats on the upcoming pattern but despite that, the high hat delay tail can still be heard. Is this what you were suggesting, or did I misunderstand your suggestion ?

Turn the global volume on delay and reverb to zero. Each of these are on their main page.
Also maybe turn delay time , fdbk etc to zero

2 Likes

Many thanks for the tip. Turning the global delay/reverb volume seems to work well.

1 Like

The first suggestion doesn’t work because the effect sends are global, so the tracks on the new pattern may be at zero and sending nothing to them, but the tail is still ‘trapped’ in the master effects. The second suggestion works because it addresses this. Glad you got an answer to your question, happy jamming.

1 Like

It may work with trigless trigs on the last step of your current pattern too , I haven’t got it with me at the moment.

Hey,

I found a solution. Look here:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/midi-loop-solution-for-unwanted-noises-after-pattern-changes-different-delay-reverb-settings/65993

best regards

1 Like