Community sound patch collection 2014 A4 / AK

hi guys… here is my idea:

I would like to collect a sound pack for AK / A4 created by this community …
quite simple: 128 sounds, ( ideally ) …

(128 divided by 3 is still 46 people, I doubt we would hit that mark… so maybe 100 sounds, and …ooh you do the math)

every user / participant / entrant may submit up to say 3 (4,5 ???) patches, which I will collect and af terwards (xmas night ideally) “release” to you / us …

why?
… here are a good few creative heads, and we can learn a lot from one another… maybe you have this one epic plock / slock, and have it saved in a bank, and would like to share that?

if this forum is continuing, which I hope, and we will see a lot of n00bs, we culd always refer to “our” sounds, and would have a sense of pride and growing community, plus increased creativity …
off course I will not monetize any of your / our efforts …
naming: we have 15 characters, right? so if we keep 5 reserved for the artists / user name we are left with 9 + 1 blank …

could be: trab_bass_2014 … or any of the weird ones @±=/#?%$~ … to identify that those are the sounds from 2014 of elektronauts.com … … (for example ///nedavine/2014 or 2k14~avantr

who is is? any suggestions? what am I not thinking of?

1 Like

I just acquired my A4. If I come up with anything useful I’m happy to participate.

Should you want to do this for the MD or (especially) the MNM, I’m down.

Have you thought of any licensing for the patches, public domain, creative commons, copyleft?

Anyway, I would contribute, I think I’ve got one or another special sound I could share.

awesome Glaive ! you are No. 1

awesome, you are No. 2 Snowcrash …
not thought of licensing… all I say at this point is, that I do not intend to make money with it, off course!

Count me in. :+1:

Hi TrabanT,

Count me in!

My only suggestion might be to do a community Kit collection with the Sounds. Everyone does 4 Sounds saved within a Kit. This would allow us to program custom effects settings. So we can do custom Verbs, Chorus, Delay, etc. Even a couple Performance controls if we are inclined. :joy:

I don’t want to make things more complicated then they have to be. But just wanted to throw that idea out there.

Cheers!
Chad

I see what you did there TrabanT, nice try :wink: , I’ll follow the thread and see what I have, my issue, cards on the table, is that my best patches are basically like environments that perform themselves, so they’re little composition fragments, sorta, not going to share stuff like that, no promises, but I’ll have a rummage in the archives !

No. 3 = Mezz303

My only suggestion might be to do a community Kit collection with the Sounds. Everyone does 4 Sounds saved within a Kit. This would allow us to program custom effects settings. So we can do custom Verbs, Chorus, Delay, etc. Even a couple Performance controls if we are inclined. :joy:

I don’t want to make things more complicated then they have to be. But just wanted to throw that idea out there.

Cheers!
Chad

[/quote]
hi Chad … firstly:
you are in!
No.4 = Chad
secondly … the KIT approach , is something I really didn’t think of … but it does make things a lot more complex and complicated, dont you think? … however, we (you + ??? ) could work on the finshed sound bank, and use certain sounds from there, and add the (by you suggested ) features like the “perfromance macro edition” … but for starters I d like to keep it simple, … 20 entrants, 4 sounds each … and we see where we go from there… there is actually not a lot of enthusiasm here as I was expecting … maybe in a week or 2 …

hey avantronica … I would REALLLLLY like to count you in !!! please please pretty please!!!
you would certainly be a flagship sound and I hope motive others to join … so are you in? cmonsayyes

I would like to contribute as well. When will the final date until we have to mail our patches? Feb 2015?

That sounds fun ! i would love to contribute as well :slight_smile: Ive gotten so good help from this forum !!

hi pulsn … great to hear you are in … since this is called community patch collection 2014 … I want to publish / release / offer / give away / spread … latest december 31.st 2014 …
r u in bro ?

great to have you in … you are No. 5 Manulaudic …

I’ll find one patch soon ! Where to send it?

Yeah maybe let’s save the Kits for Round 2. :joy:

Looking forward seeing how this progresses.

NAMING: … how about we have the names the following way:

csp_yourpatchname … csp standing for community sound patch,then 1 underscore, and whatever name you want to give your sound … is that cool? … any better ideas?

what I would really appreciate would be a little patch list sheet with basic info/credits and maybe a few words from each creator, to give the sounds a bit of context.

The basic form could be:

Patchname: ______________
Creator: ______________
Patch info: ______________
URLs: ______________

What do you think? Could just be a simple .txt file that comes with the package. Whoever wants to omit the additional info just skips it…