Combine Projects?

Hi all,

I did a search, and Im sure this is probably pretty simple…

How do i combine 2 projects into one?
I just installed the Divine 909 and 808 sample packs into 2 projects, but i want to have a 909/808 project with the samples, patterns and kits from both to work with…

How do i do that?

anyone??

Not sure, but i think this is not possible yet
Not sure, but i think elektron is working on this

There Were some threats about this… Users have the feeling this lach of flexibility stagnates their development…

I actually looked into this myself last night.

(There are others; do a Google search.)

Basically it’s a huge PITA. Fingers crossed Overbridge addresses it.

I’m pretty sure overbridge will alleviate the pain. But it will be a while before we get there… ob 1.1 isn’t exactly around the corner.

Thanks guys. As an owner of an Octatrack I’m used to arcane filing systems, but I thought the Rytm may have improved the situation.
Bugger.

I’m probably missing something and not understanding your question, but on the off chance I’m not…couldn’t you just load the project that has all the samples/kits/patterns you want, and then save another version of it to another project slot?

The structure doesn’t work that way. You can save only to the project you’re in.

You can save a copy of one project to another project slot - that’s easily done in the project manager. So if you have a sort of template project with all the samples, kits, etc you want as a starting point, you can save multiple instances of it and then turn them into your newer projects.

But…that doesn’t address the issue of saving kits from one project into another or the associated transferring of samples to make said kits work in another project. That is a huge hassle and I haven’t figured out a good workflow on that yet.

You can save a copy of one project to another project slot - that’s easily done in the project manager. So if you have a sort of template project with all the samples, kits, etc you want as a starting point, you can save multiple instances of it and then turn them into your newer projects.

But…that doesn’t address the issue of saving kits from one project into another or the associated transferring of samples to make said kits work in another project. That is a huge hassle and I haven’t figured out a good workflow on that yet.[/quote]

True. I misunderstood what you were putting across earlier.