Black Monomachine Panel Kits (UPDATE)

08/24/2015

We are currently making another run of LCD windows that will have the LED holes punched out, we thank you all for your patience. We are looking at 2-4 weeks from start to finish.

now shipping

Email or pm for details

info@dickmalibu.com

this is cool and all, but as a customer i need WAY more pictures before i decide to buy any of that.

Thanks for looking and the feedback !

Just a little warning.

Here is a record of my interaction with Dick Malibu trying to obtain one of these:

Paypal payment was sent July 11th for pre order.

July 30th, Me:

Hello,

I sent PayPal funds to you a while back. I’m curious if my panel has shipped. I haven’t had any sort of contact or confirmation.

Chris

July 30th, Dick Malibu:

Hi Christopher,
Yes you did on July 11th coincidentally you are our last “pre-order” customer, we extended pre-order pricing as a courtesy and also incentive for Elektron users, We are fullfilling pre-orders first n the order that they were placed. Our pre-orders started in May. We are currently shipping orders, looking at your account you specified SFX 60. We unfortunately no longer have that window option in stock .
If you like we do have SFX 60+ windows in stock(obviously if you ever want to sell your unit you could always “carefully” swap out your original window or sell with both panels)
A full refund can also be issued ( we don’t nickel and dime or hold people’s money hostage so rest easy ) whatever you prefer we will be more than happy to oblige.
Thank you for your patronage and support !
-dm

July 31st, Me:

So the only difference is just the writing right? In that case I’ll be fine with that. I don’t plan on selling the Monomachine. When do you plan on having the panel ready for shipping?

Chris

August 4th, Me:

Hello,

I haven’t heard back in a few days. When will this panel be shipping?

Chris

August 5th, Dick Malibu:

HI Chris,

We have been shipping your panel will go out tomorrow. We ship USPS priority.
We generate tracking numbers and labelsthe day before so please wait -12-24 hours to see actual shipping activity.
For fastest response please call or text @ 646 543 4340
Thanks !
-dm

August 12th, Me:

This was the last response I got from you. No tracking number was ever received. Did this ship?

Chris

August 12th, Dick Malibu:

Hi Chris,
We apologize for the delay/inconvenience at this time we have initiated a full refund.
Due to internal circumstances all mono panel kit production have been placed on hold indefinetly, we truly appreciate your time and patronage
once again our sincerest apologies.
-dm

1 Like

Aw, that’s a shame… Manufacturing issues or operating at a loss, I wonder? What was the quoted price?

sad to read this… i bet you were really gonna love that panel … hope you managed to invest your refunded money somewhere else ?

I was LITERALLY about to pull the trigger and order this panel! Hope all is well with them.

I’m sure that dickmalibu will chime in eventually to explain what is going on.

I can say that my experience with the company has been one of good and thorough communication (phone calls, voice mails, texts, emails, Twitter DMs, Elektronauts PMs… seriously). The option to back out for a full refund was available, at any time along the way.

I’m not refuting CDavis’ experience, just offering my own.

1 Like

@CDAVIS

Thank you very much we really appreciate being labeled as a "little warning”.

Things do happen and as a small business we like anyone else have growing pains and issues along the way. Now while what you stated is true we clearly DO NOT hold anyone’s money hostage we tried our best and couldn’t send you a panel and we immediately refunded your payment which by the way we have people who paid weeks before during the pre-order and understand we have done our best to be in constant communication but it happens that we may miss someone, it happens once again not an excuse but a reality.

You pre-ordered on July 11th we attempted to accommodate at our pre-order price even though we shouldn’t have and clearly at the time it was stated 6-8weeks for delivery.
Once again we should have listened to that little voice that said “no”
Believe it or not there are some sales that you live to regret this is clearly going to be one of those.
In all fairness if I took your money, without a refund, never communicated with you at all etc. I would get it.

But really?!
We immediately issued you a refund and the first place you go is to the forums.
Clearly mean spirited and vindictive, it takes time to cut and paste emails into a forum post, clearly a premeditated move. but that is ok, I get it you were building a case. I had a feeling that accepting a payment from you was going to be an issue.

We are very upset we do this out of a love for Elektron’s lines we use them and have them in our own setups.
Do you think we are making $$$$$ hand over fist for $150.00 per panel, guess what are our parts are sourced and fabricated right here in the good ole USA, we aren’t getting rich off of these. These are not being made overseas for pennies on the dollar

Some say $200 is too much for a custom panel we get it , its a luxury not a need but so is most of the gear we own, buy, lust after or hide from our wives after payday.

Do you have any idea what its like to build something not knowing where it may go? Invest thousands I mean THOUSANDS of dollars in researching and developing a solid product. And if you have then you could have been more understanding

Our past track record has been incredible customer service even better. Octatrack panels, machinedrum panels kits and custom units.

Come on really? I refunded your money, apologized profusely and I get placed on the ballot for the Elektronauts Hall of Shame WOW!
If anyone is reading your post, you had options we gave options(Our July 30th email) we even left our number to call us (we are old school like that) we are aren’t hiding anywhere. Call us If we don’t pick up we will call back.
The point is we are all about good solid customer service.

Warning- a statement or event that indicates a possible or impending danger, problem, or other unpleasant situation

Dick Malibu is none of the above listed things ! So when you started your post you know the response you wanted to elicit.

If anyone is wondering why we are upset it is because all it takes is one person to destroy a reputation on the Internet. DICK MALIBU cannot afford for that to happen. My teams sweat; blood and souls are in this. Easy to destroy not so easy to build

I am customer like everyone else here if I pay a $1.00
I want my money’s worth because I worked hard to make a $1.00 so I get it.
We have had to shut down our site and declined any new orders trying to resolve this as soon as possible.

4 weeks and you go out like this? Come on how many of us here have had to deal with refund and repair nightmares that have taken months to resolve once again not an excuse but we meant you no harm or insult, the funny thing is you have your money without even asking for a refund and we now have to deal with this. Look at our Response from July 30[sup]th[/sup] we offered options.

But bad publicity is better than no publicity so thank you. I am actually going to turn this around clearly you wanted our product and saw the value in what we are offering, for that I thank you profusely, and once again thank you for your patronage we apologize to the core of our souls (though I am sure that wont be enough) that we could not provide service to your satisfaction. We wish you all the best but we will not sell our souls for a sale.

As life would have it you will always hear the bad things before the good.

To all our pre-order customers who may not have heard from us for whatever reason, spam box , missed voicemail etc. Please contact us 646-543-4340, PM, or info@dickmalibu.com we will be adding additional discounts to the pre-order price in the form of a partial refund or full refund if you wish.

• Dick Malibu
1 Like

Wow, how intense…

@CDavis just issued a “little warning”, no nasty comment or anything else.
The guy is disappointed, is all.

Now I wish you could take holidays, @dickmalibu my dear.
Peace ! Give yourself a little break if you can…

You do pretty good work, I’m so jealous of AdamJay :wink:

I clearly am not trying to mislead anyone here. All I wanted was a panel. This wasn’t meant to be a slandering post, just a heads up to anyone who was interested in these panels because it seems they aren’t available anymore.

1 Like

All fair comments … customer is frustrated, Dick Malibu is stressed out and in the vulnerable position of sticking their neck out in a small creative/manufacturing business.
From a customer perspective in the internet age, it is only sensible for CDavis to offer a warning and share his experience with fellow enthusiasts who might embark upon similar purchase decisions of such a luxury item. However, CDavis was respectful and representative of the Dick Malibu sales and customer support ethos, which is obviously caring and attentive. However, it doesn’t look good for the vendor to blow up at a concerned customer on a forum which (after all) is really the province of the customer and not of the vendor, if you think about it…

2 Likes

I think it was just semantics.
Had you replaced “warning” with “heads up”, things might have gone a completely different direction.

Hi to all,

Lets press the reset button on this.
I love this forum I don’t want make this about a “DICK MALIBU” issue this is Elektronauts.
We are in a very vulnerable position, still in our infancy, my detailed response was in defense of our reputation at the end of the day the only person that stands to lose anything here is us.

We want to make everyone’s experience a good one. If you look at our responses to past replies whether good or bad we respond with always a thank you. whether you buy something from us or not we will always do our best to communicate with you , answer any questions pre ,intra ,and post sales

Not being an AT&T or Amazon.com this really hit us to the core at the end of it all

@Cdavis we were taken aback … to read …I guess as adamjay said “semantics”.

@LyingDalai you aint lying brother once I get this stuff squared away
Lil Dickie (my 2 year old ) and I are on vacation a week at the beach just the guys.

We apologize to anyone we may have offended , fyi we have replied to all inquiries that new MnM panel kits are on hold until further notice

One thing that we have tried to establish is that we are people, part of this community our inspiration our creativeness was born out of Elektron/Elektronauts and we definelty give utmost consideration and respect to forum members.
We have evolved into a business but we are are also first and foremost Elektronauts and God forbid if this thing doesn’t work out we will still be banging away on our Octa’s A4’s and (coming soon AR) :joy:
Peace, Love and musical greatness to all, lets get back to making music and being inspired.

and especially @CDAVIS if there is something we can do please let us know pm email or call, if not we understand fully as we are human too

All the best DICK MALIBU

Just bumped for update

I think I understand the troubles the panel team have gone through trying to make this happen and then doing right by the people who ordered. It’s a great idea and it takes energy to make things like this happen. If things do not work out as planned, it’s even harder when you have one foot in the community while the other foot is in a commercial entity.

Still, I’ve yet to have a response from correspondence 2 weeks ago about the possibility of getting a discounted panel + fast shipping, instead of the fancy panel that I ordered. Would love to get some feedback - (would the panel work for a friend’s machinedrum mk1, or is it just for mkII?) - so that I can decide whether I want a full refund or not at least. I hope this won’t drag out any longer than it already has.

Anyone ever order an EIT-1 frame from the guy selling those? This is nothing by comparison. Still, he shipped them eventually, and they are great pieces of kit.

I’m also wondering if this is still a go? I’d be really interested in a black monomachine cover.

Hope for the best!

2d

Hi all !

First of all as Altemark said it is difficult to have one foot in the community and one foot in a business.

So our 'silence has been to properly prepare for our next and last run and once its done we are finally getting back to making some music and becoming a user/participant on the forum.

Hi @2d we peplied a few days after your pm and post (just in case you missed it sent another pm today)

Preorder will open by tomorrow with info and buy link. All interested please pm us with location type/ver of MnM and geographic location and email or email us directly at info@dickmalibu.com

We truly appreciate all the support

Thanks again,
-dm

I hope this is still happening?