Best Flanger effect

now im just trying to figure out how to manually do this effect on my digitakt

1 Like

Clone/duplicate a channel. Adjust start point by a fraction. Maybe 20ms
Instant flange. Costs you 1 of the 8 tracks.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that start point need to be modulated though?

1 Like

If you want “depth” to change over time, yes.

1 Like

Yeah seems liek Erica synths want you to use the delay function on the fusion box very specifically ? Most of the Erica demo dudes run drums thru the delay function.

1 Like

The delay effect can be used to create a version of this too. Time set to a little below 128, feedback set to 98 or 99. If you midilooped, you could modulate that delay’s start point

Edit:
I found another interesting way to do this by layering 4 tracks with different start points, and then using each tracks lfo to modulate sample volume. The LFOs need to be set to different phase starts too

3 Likes

Thanks for this: I took the survey and I’m downloading it now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep I get pretty tasty flanging out of my timefactor this way, works great with dual delays. Especially when you have midi in!

1 Like

I’ve just bought this Ibanez AD-202 delay/flanger/doubler/(stereo) chorus wich is pretty nice :

Based on the old Panasonic MN3005 chips, if you want old school and dark sound, this could be a good choice. Pretty heavy (not a pedal obviously) but affordable (around 250€)

4 Likes

This thread had me thinking about getting a flanger pedal or something. I checked the flanger effect on my sp404 and that certainly will do a job.

4 Likes

D16’s Antresol VST is pretty neat too!

1 Like

I love my Boss BF-2 for mono stuff. This one is like serial # 40 and I paid the same amount of dollars for it some years ago.

Also a fan of Valhalla SpaceModulator for software.

4 Likes

Are you sure, just checked my Black label Japanese one (my first Boss Pedal and second pedal ever) from early 80s and I’m on serial 394500 :ooh: … they weren’t that popular, so maybe the number is offset ?!

anyway - great tones from this, not just clouded by sentimentality, never heard a flanger like it since (in terms of software etc)

1 Like

I just remembered the flange on this guy which I was always fond of. This little guy played a huge part in my sound when I was just playing a 404 for my band and needed more immediate, reachable multifx. It’s fairly cheap too iirc, like 150 bucks? X and Y in the flange is basically depth and speed which, let’s be honest, is all you really need.

Similarly the delays and verbs sound good, and being able to lock a loop real quick and make it sound granular and glitch and all be in time, then just turn it off… It was good fun. I forgot I had this thing lol.

2 Likes

The MF Clusterflux is the noisiest Flanger/Chorus I ever had. In fact, it it is the noisiest fx pedal of all pedals I’ve owned or used. I sold it ASAP.

I don’t know anything about the minifooger flanger.

1 Like

Good to know - thanks

1 Like

I have all 3 of the boss 500 pedals, they are great!
The rotary speaker emulation is cool

1 Like

Wow that thing is in great shape.

I wasn’t sure, had been a while since I looked, was close-ish though:

IMG_20181018_174619

(I really should have cleaned that before taking that picture, ugh…)

Not sure of the logic behind the serial #s. It really is a great sounding pedal though. Does a great chorus sound too, though mine gets a bit noisy on those settings.

1 Like

This one is mine :slight_smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KcMFauRo0

(I advise you to NOT watch Dennis Kayzer’s videos if you believe you might develop some GAS)

3 Likes

too l…

1 Like