ARRandomize!

hi guys,
even though i don’t have one, i decided to give it a go and did this wee app for all the lucky owners of an AR :slight_smile:
it’s pretty basic: pads select the channel and the buttons will do their stuff on the page.
i’ve not tested it due to ‘lack of device’ :smiley: but it should work fine
have fun

edit: below are the links to the download for Windows and Mac, they’ll point to the most up to date version. comments and feedback are welcome. have fun! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

download it here
for iOS beta testing register here

Sounds interesting, but what is a wee app? Excuse my ignorance.

a small application. in this case a little piece of software. I guess…

this community once again shows it’s a little bonkers: guga writing hacks for a device he doesn’t even got his hands on. nice one!

Holy shiznits! Maximum support to Guga! Get this App rolling into the horizon when you get your AR!

hi guga - it’s mac only? Could you put up a screenshot? thanks

:joy: :joy:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i’ve already lost the count of sheep…can’t wait to get the ‘real deal’!

yep, currently it’s mac only, windows to come soon (same for android and ios)

there’s not much… the twelve pads select the MIDI channel (from one to twelve, starting from top left corner) and the four buttons for the randomization…actually, i need to fix the logo, need to add ‘RYTM’ :slight_smile:
has anyone used it already? does it work? :confused:

…new version is available for download (same link as above), changed logo :slight_smile: and fixed few things

Fantastic! Now i’ve got randomisers both for AR and A4…

This is pretty awesome… and I don’t even have an A-RYTM… yet…

Hmm I cant seem to make it work :frowning:

i don’t have the AR either, but can confirm that guga’s app is sending CC values. getting values for CCs 16, 24, 70, 78, on the appropriate drum channels.

wish i had an AR to try it out :slight_smile:

note: in the app i had to select the pad, then hit one of the destination buttons on the left to actually make it send the CC value.

Looks promising but I’m on windows so can’t try it. Let us know if you make it win compatible.

yep, should have mentioned that: to activate the randomizer, at least one pad has to be selected. that’s because the pad will actually select which channel the randomizer sends the values to…so, first row 1 to 4, second row 5 to 8 and last row 9 to 12. i’m sure this doesn’t match the AR settings but at least this way you can access twelve channels :smiley: (if it’s in any way useful)

yep, should have mentioned that: to activate the randomizer, at least one pad has to be selected. that’s because the pad will actually select which channel the randomizer sends the values to…so, first row 1 to 4, second row 5 to 8 and last row 9 to 12. i’m sure this doesn’t match the AR settings but at least this way you can access twelve channels :smiley: (if it’s in any way useful)[/quote]
Do you mean to choose one of the pads in the app right? I do it, but still nothing happens. Midi channels, at least in the default config are corresponding to numbers of the tracks, i’m confused how could it even work if it wouldn’t match in your app? I mean app has to know on which channel to send the values, or am i missing something?
In any case, i can’t make it work so far…Thanks anyways!

EDIT

Aha! Now i got it! You’re counting the rows from the top in your app, and on AR they’re counted from the bottom…otherwise it works!

Could you maybe change this behaviour? Thanks, going to have some fun now!)

…that’s when having the device next to you makes a big difference :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i’ll get things sorted in the next version. any snippet of random AR?

[quote="“guga”"]

…that’s when having the device next to you makes a big difference :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i’ll get things sorted in the next version. any snippet of random AR? [/quote]
Thanks! Let me see if i have anything which can record sound at home, if yes, i’ll upload something little i’ve made here right now

…that’s when having the device next to you makes a big difference :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i’ll get things sorted in the next version. any snippet of random AR? [/quote]
Thanks! Let me see if i have anything which can record sound at home, if yes, i’ll upload something little i’ve made here right now
[/quote]
that would be nice :slight_smile:

updated version up for download…swapped MIDI channels on the pads. bottom row 1 to 4, middle row 5 to 8 and top row 9 to 12 (hope this is ok now)