Any DSI Evolver love?

Evolver Hidden Functions (goodness!)

1. Arpeggiator (page 32 evo manual)

Evolver Hidden Functions (Test Functions)

Reset +

Osc 1 (software version for the dsp processors)

Osc 2 (calibrate low pass filter and analog o/c wave shapes)

Osc 3 (reset all to factory settings)

Another hidden functions are for calibrate the pitch and mod wheel on Keyboard options you can check hidden stuff on page 55 on evolver manual.

also keep volume levels low when doing the calibration test!

2 Likes

The encoder issue is on the mono evolver keyboard, the desktop edition should usually be fine.

3 Likes

Thanks all for your wiseness!

Much appreciated! d^_^b

1 Like

The Desktop Evolver really fits the ā€œbuilt-like-a-tankā€ clichĆ©.
You will see parameters changing values via the 3-digit display, easy way to check the encoders.

1 Like

Thanks for these.

Soā€¦finally I got into my first DSI synth with this Desktop little beast.
Glad to saved some money for it :slight_smile:
Shame it hasnā€™t got the arpeggiatorā€¦but the sequencer is there anyway!
Iā€™ll dig in the Guide soon since the manual has been already done (even though I have to print out those destinations for modulations immediately !!!)
The guy who sold it to me is searching his plugin editor to send meā€¦so now itā€™s time to check the difference between this version and the standalone one.

Good Output Hack to All of You!

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently enjoyed jamming/creating noise and drones with the Desktop Evolver (got inspired from the Makenoise 0-Coast).
Just turn up the VCA and tweak away, have some recording device catching everything and use it later in your sampler or DAW. Good fun!

1 Like

I did another demo of my Evolver patches/sequences:

3 Likes

ā€¦almost 20 20 nowā€¦

ā€¦old mpc headā€¦had a 1st rendevous with the tempest yesterdayā€¦fukā€¦now i need oneā€¦
a friend would sell everything he has, but never his evolverā€¦and as u sayā€¦yup, i wanna have six of them within an mpc like sequencer gridā€¦tempest, where r uā€¦

the arpeggiator on the evolver is a hidden feature some info is included on the DSI user manual.

The arpeggiator is only in the Mono Evolver Keyboard.

2 Likes

i have the mono and yes im checking this and youā€™re right just for the keyboards

1 Like

Much love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Alex!!! You never came over and let me sample the Evolver. Nice to see you on here.
Hope all is well. Peace.

the desktop Evolver was one of my first synths (along with Machinedrum and Sidstation). so yes, much love here! I should get one again, in factā€¦

the lead melody here is courtesy of the keyboard version (circa 2008):

2 Likes

My PEK & MEK.

7 Likes

Pariah
The main lead on this is the Evolver. Extensive use of the feedback circuit

1 Like

I was crazy in love with the Evolver, but sadly sold it to declutter recently.

Did a ton of tracks and live sets with it. Hereā€™s it on massive de-tuned bassline duty.

1 Like

Some crazy good MEK prices on Reverb ATM.

I shudder at the thought of selling mine. Its basically my ā€œeffects pedal boardā€ right now.

Iā€™ve been eyeing the Mono Evolver from time to time, as the synth that got away.

I got a mint one now in my sight. Price is fair - not great - but itā€™s recently restored and fixed by DSI, so it really is fresh.

Iā€™m wondering - how relevant is the Evolver today? I donā€™t care much for features. I love character. I want knobs and no menues. Great keybed is preferable, but I can do without it. I want to go to strange new places. I donā€™t much need classic pads, traditional bass lines or sizzling leads. I want that another world sound.

From demos, it does seem like it stands out from much of the crowd, still today. But am I just romancing an aging synth? Or is it actually da shit?

1 Like