Analog Keys Note Trig Behaviour

Hi Folks

I record a sequence in live recording mode by playing a note with one finger. While I play some more notes with my other hand this one finger doesn’t release the key. I’m sure a lot of you have played this style before, it might even have a name… :wink: The result is a melody that jumps between the one finger and the other notes, played occasionally by my other hand. Right? Right! So far everything as I want it to be.

Now when I finish recording in live mode the AK doesn’t play what I have played. It seems to record a "note off"kind of message as soon as the second note is starting causing to cut the first note out of the following melody.

As far as I remember the Octatrack doesn’t do this. It’s disturbing because what I hear while playing is not what hear when I play the recorded sequence.

Is this normal? Is there a special setting that I’m not aware of?

Cheers

Is this discussion useful … ? …

The sequencer will frequently represent what you fed in differently (and omit some elements), this is normal, you can only capture so much of the performance with a step sequencer, but you may be able to program back in some of the nuance you’re missing if you dig deep and tweak after

Did you try enabling the poly setting? :wink: remember a4 is a mono synth