Ambient Jam with Digitone, Volca Keys and Monologue

More experiments using the Digitone as a “brain” in a live jam setting. Here, as well as sequencing its own, wonderful synthesis engine, it’s also in control of the Korg Monologue and Volca Keys.

Both of the Korgs are being routed through the audio inputs on the Digitone so they can take advantage of the Digitone’s own Reverb and Delay - all the ambience effects you hear are coming live from the Digitone.

I’ve gone for something a little more ambient today and I think these 3 synths really compliment each other in this setting - especially with the Digitone’s reverb helping out!

I hope you like the jam and I’m happy to talk about anything in the setup.

6 Likes

Nice vibes great energy :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thank you friend! Cheers for checking it out!

Nice work! I’ve had a volca keys since they came out, but have never been able to “gel” with it. I tend to always get the same sounds out of it, no matter what I do. What part is it doing in this video? What are your thoughts on the keys? I just stumbled on a good video that explains some of the midi quirks, so that’s part of my issue. I’m hoping to work it into a mix with digitakt and a newly acquired digitone.

1 Like

Hey thanks! The Keys is the first thing you hear and is probably heard about 80 percent of the jam.

I like the Keys. It has a very raw, ‘imperfect’ sound but it always sounds interesting and “lo fi” (in the true, natural sense) in a track and sounds especially cool with a little (or lot) of reverb (it’s drenched in the Digitone’s reverb here). It’s not the most versatile voice in that it usually sounds like itself but you can get cool leads, bass, pads out of it, so if you like the character then it’s a nice thing to have around

I think you touched on what was bugging me about the keys. I kept thinking “man, it’s so noisy!” which is odd, because I’ve been going down the lo-fi / gritty path lately. I think I need to mess with it a little more and embrace it’s character. That’ll be my challenge in the next couple weeks - make something with the keys! Thanks for the info. What’s funny is that I was pretty sure I could hear the volca keys (it is distinct, like you said).

1 Like