A4 MK2 - Disable Countdown / Approach on Pattern

Hello,

is it possible to disable the count in on changing patterns? I use a program change command to switch between the patterns. The midi trigger sits on the beginning of the new scene (in NI maschine). But when I switch to this pattern the A4 takes another 64 steps to change because of the count in. I can see the pattern switch beeing in Q on the screen (the two patterns are blinking) but I can’t get them to switch instantly.

There is no ‘count in’ as such - there are four set methods to process the prog change message (keep in mind the source timing of the midi message is a big factor in the real world response on the unit)

From the manual

PATTERN MODES
When changing patterns, different modes affecting the way the active pattern will be changed exist. Press
[FUNC] + [BANK A–D] to select PATTERN mode. The <PATTERN MODE> LEDs indicate which mode is
selected. There are four PATTERN modes.
SEQUENTIAL changes patterns after the currently playing pattern reaches its end. This mode is the
default mode.
DIRECT START immediately changes patterns. The new pattern will start playing from the beginning.
DIRECT JUMP immediately changes patterns. The new pattern will start playing from the position where
the previous pattern left off.
TEMP JUMP
1 Like

I tried the different modes but they don’t seem to work here. I swapped trough all options but the A4 always behaves the same as it is queuing the next pattern.

When I change the pattern method, it works when I change patterns directly on the A4 but using the designated program change command does take another 64 steps for it to change. I guess the timing on the midi command beeing on the first note of the new scene isn’t enough, even in ‘direct jump’ mode. Have to figure out if there is a work around.

same problem here!