A4 MK II question on Track1 OSC levels - solved (unit was defective)

MkI here, I checked anyway. No problem.
I hope you’ll be able to solve this.

1 Like

Thanks for checking :)! I will report back with what support said. I made a small video with my mobile phone as they demanded. I hope they can clarify that. Except that small issues I really like that A4, makes my Pulse 2 jealous ;)…

Here is the link btw:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCAm2IEwikEh_LJo8iGMz0uT4eafKI-_/view

1 Like

Out of interest, did you already try the Calibrate tool from the menu? @avantronica suggested it, I’m just highlighting it :smiley:

2 Likes

No, I did not, for hopefully two good reasons: 1st) this unit is new and ran a total of six hours or so and 2nd) the manual states not to do so until support says so.

Still it would interesting whether someone with an a4mk2 could check his unit…

Yeah, maybe just a warning just in case… but it improved my filter 1 tracking, and I didn’t noticed wrong since.
I’d say do it. If the problem last…

2 Likes

I am patient and will wait for supports answer…

1 Like

I just tested my A4mkII and mine doesn’t exhibit the symptoms that your video shows. If I start a new project, and dial OSC1 vol on T1 down, the volume goes down as expected.

Out of interest, and not that it probably makes any difference, but which output are you listening to? (I was listening to my main outs.)

3 Likes

I am also listening to the main outs.
Thank You for checking :)! So this does not seem to be normal. Are you also on latest OS 1.35b?

Same problem here, new mk2 unit, latest os, haven’t opened a ticket yet.

1 Like

Aha, maybe it has to do with the OS Update. I “jumped” from 1.2 preinstalled to 1.35b. I am waiting for an answer from support and will report back.

jingo

Yes, I am on 1.35b. I bought my unit aabboouutt six months ago I think. Maybe nine months. (What is time?)

1 Like

Ok,
I bought mine three or four days ago… Hopefully they come up with a solution. And yes, what is time --> tempus fugit ;)!

jingo

1 Like

Memento mori! :ghost:
Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum. :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Came for the A4 OSC weirdness, stayed for the latin lessons <3

4 Likes

So back on track ;),

I havent received an answer yet, so I am still waiting patiently…

1 Like

So. it was a defective unit. I exchanged it and now this error is gone. The new unit has another hopefully small issue, it shows 1 error in self test --> audio 1 2, or audio 1… Whatever, I opened another ticket. Except this error in self test, everything seems to work fine… !

so back to the music :),
jingo

I think there was a bogus self test error message from an older OS, but support will put you right

1 Like

Thanks for your fast answer, unit seems to work fine, happy now, screwing around with it. Really good companion to the rest of my setup :)… hopefully gonna make some acid tonight, yup :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep - you can probably ignore the message, known bug :thup:

2 Likes

Yup, support just stated that to me, its a bug… So back to making some real nice acid :wink:, hehe

5 Likes