A4 MK II question on Track1 OSC levels - solved (unit was defective)

Hello,
I got a question which I cant figure out with the manual or on my own. As I like to design my own patches I formated the +drive on my new A4 and started clean from the scratch.

When I design a patch on a fresh or init sound on track 1 I lower the level of OSC 1 to zero but I can still hear it. That does not apply to OSC 2 on track 1. If I set the level of OSC to zero I cant hear it (like it should be, at least I think so…). On track 2 if I lower OSC 1 to zero I cant hear it (like I would expect it on track 1 too). Same on track 2 OSC2.

So long story short: Is it normal that a level zero on OSC 1 track 1 still leads to a sound?

I hope that someone can clarify this or test this on her/his Analog Four MKII.

Thanks and Best Regards,
jingo

Cleared sound? (Track + Play)
An lfo can increase Osc Level constantly.
Any Macro in Perf Setup?

1 Like

As far as I can tell: yes, cleared track sound, no macros set. But I will double check that later when I have access to the A4.

Checked it, started totally New, still the same, easy to reproduce: start with a clean project and just turn OSC 1 and OSC 2 levels down on track one, you can still play and hear sound, not so if you do this on track 2… If someone can confirm I will open a ticket . Btw Mkll on latest FW…

jingo

anyway, opened a ticket now since at least I can reproduce this…

1 Like

That’ll be the most sensible course of action - however, have you checked that no midi connections are possible (i.e. test in isolation) - secondly - it might be worth running the calibration routine - but perhaps support will get back shortly

2 Likes

Thank You for your fast reply, I tested it isolated as you suggested. Same happens. It only happens on track1, the other three tracks do not show this behaviour. I will wait for supports answer and report back.

MkI here, I checked anyway. No problem.
I hope you’ll be able to solve this.

1 Like

Thanks for checking :)! I will report back with what support said. I made a small video with my mobile phone as they demanded. I hope they can clarify that. Except that small issues I really like that A4, makes my Pulse 2 jealous ;)…

Here is the link btw:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCAm2IEwikEh_LJo8iGMz0uT4eafKI-_/view

1 Like

Out of interest, did you already try the Calibrate tool from the menu? @avantronica suggested it, I’m just highlighting it :smiley:

2 Likes

No, I did not, for hopefully two good reasons: 1st) this unit is new and ran a total of six hours or so and 2nd) the manual states not to do so until support says so.

Still it would interesting whether someone with an a4mk2 could check his unit…

Yeah, maybe just a warning just in case… but it improved my filter 1 tracking, and I didn’t noticed wrong since.
I’d say do it. If the problem last…

2 Likes

I am patient and will wait for supports answer…

1 Like

I just tested my A4mkII and mine doesn’t exhibit the symptoms that your video shows. If I start a new project, and dial OSC1 vol on T1 down, the volume goes down as expected.

Out of interest, and not that it probably makes any difference, but which output are you listening to? (I was listening to my main outs.)

3 Likes

I am also listening to the main outs.
Thank You for checking :)! So this does not seem to be normal. Are you also on latest OS 1.35b?

Same problem here, new mk2 unit, latest os, haven’t opened a ticket yet.

1 Like

Aha, maybe it has to do with the OS Update. I “jumped” from 1.2 preinstalled to 1.35b. I am waiting for an answer from support and will report back.

jingo

Yes, I am on 1.35b. I bought my unit aabboouutt six months ago I think. Maybe nine months. (What is time?)

1 Like

Ok,
I bought mine three or four days ago… Hopefully they come up with a solution. And yes, what is time --> tempus fugit ;)!

jingo

1 Like

Memento mori! :ghost:
Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum. :japanese_ogre:

1 Like