A4 Feature Requests

“1. A variable to change the encoder-speed. I have to turn them way too much. It would be a great feature and i know a lot of people who would love this option. (This is for me the most important update and it would be relativlly easy to program)”

“2. A variable to change the encoder-speed. I have to turn them way too much. It would be a great feature and i know a lot of people who would love this option. (This is for me the most important update and it would be relativlly easy to program)”
"
3. A variable to change the encoder-speed. I have to turn them way too much. It would be a great feature and i know a lot of people who would love this option. (This is for me the most important update and it would be relativlly easy to program)"

1 Like

Simple. I want to be able to setup PERFormance macros that target the filters’ TRK parameter.

1 Like

Make the firmware open source !

2 Likes

Will never happen. But if you are a decent programmer, buy a raspberry pi an build your own dream synth.

1 Like

With decent soldering for an analog synth…
Quite sure it is extremely difficult to build your own A4.
Didn’t finished my house, don’t want to build anything else…:unamused:

2 Likes

I think it’s doable with midi, and a midi processor that would map Perf macro’s CC to Keytrack CC.

Perf Macro CC > A4 midi out > midi processor > A4 midi in.

@guga’s Goliath

Event Processor Plus can do it too, but with fixed settings or sysex receive to change templates.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to enable/disable all Trig Mutes in a pattern.
As it stands I struggle to find a viable use for Trig Mutes, except when I only have a single Trig Mute in a pattern.

would be nice to have a ratchet/retrig parameter on a step in arpeggiator.
Also would love to see a slide function in arpeggiator’s setup ( I know that it does exist in sequencer, but I don’t use it because for me ARP+Hold provides a more fluid workflow)

2 Likes

I’ve started using the A4 as an analog drum machine and having a retrig option would be glorious. Put it in the micro timing window.

6 Likes

Yes to both of these!!

Being able to P-Lock the arpeggiator params would really be a much more flexible solution all-around on the A4 (ie. you could p-lock arp on/off, its rate, set a lfo on velocity, etc.). It’s such a weird omission/limitation of the arpeggiator versus the whole paradigm of the A4 sequencer.

11 Likes

Please decrease DinSync latency, it is currently about 13ms.
Please decrease MIDI Clock latency, it is currently about 33ms.
Also MIDI Clock and DinSync should not be out of sync. There is about 20ms between them.

Without context, this statement means very little i’d say … it suggests that there’s be some issue with all syncing operations which is obviously not the case

put it this way … at 100BPM the MIDI clock is sent at an interval of 25ms (the internal sequencer resolution is 4 times greater at 96ppqn)

so how do you specify latency for a stream of data coming along every 25ms (100bpm) … esp when 25 is less than 33 ?

Is the midi clock at the A4 DIN output not generally in good shape ?

1 Like

I read your other posts and a major factor of your issue that you didn’t mention is that you are using overbridge for sync from ableton…

This setup has many more possible layers to deal with for latency:
-audio interface specs
-DAW sample rate
-DAW buffer size
-Any other possible latency affecting settings from DAW
-OB buffer size
-OB buffer margin

Oh, I see you have a discrepancy between midi and din sync, I’m not sure how to account for that but I’d mess with all the above settings and see if they get lower and closer to each other…

Ok, just because it hasn’t been mentioned in the last 10 posts - individual track multipliers damnit!

Is there any hope, seeing as the Octatrack got the killer A4 feature (conditional trigs), that we can get this one Octatrack feature for the A4. It’d be great on the Rytm too, but conditional trigs and fill makes more sense there. Evolving pads on the A4 is a pain when you need to try and reverse engineer them through the arpegiator.

4 Likes

I prefer to use plockable Ot’s arp to control A4, even if I don’t do it all the time. :wink:

2 Likes

Here he is. Boasting again.

Boasting ?

talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one’s achievements, possessions, or abilities.

I prefer to use Ot’s arp instead of deceiving A4’s.
You really think I’m excessively proud of it ?

6 Likes

You’re just going to make be buy an Octatrack again :smile:

1 Like

I request that Elektron make an Analog 8.

2 Likes