A second new machine? [Analog Rytm launch, January 2014]

I like this. What over the top puns are possible with a chain? :imp: :astonished:

Speculation can be fun. :slight_smile: And usefulā€¦ I like to build my own and other peoples ideas of imaginary elektron boxes in max or what ev. Well small parts at least. Haha. Itā€™s research.

The missing link?

Yeah. How quickly we got spoilt. I remember back in the day of 2005(grandpa voice) when all we got was a picture in a music mag.

white screen in middle, red sequencer LEDs lights, and flashing multi-color lights on the left? It can ONLY be a new drum machine, right? RIGHT?

1 Like

Itā€™s getting maybe a bit too much what one reads hereā€¦ maybe some people should get off the internet a bit? :slight_smile:

Anyway, I donā€™t think elektron will release a circklon. Itā€™s such a niche market and does not produce sound on its own. Itā€™s just not their thing.

I feel maybe elektron will do serious FM, granular as well as other synth mode coupled with serious FX. You could load up samples like you can on an octatrack but most youā€™d be able to do granular synthesis with it as well as hit it with digital FX.

Thatā€™s my best guess given they say it wonā€™t overlap with anything else they make. This rules out a drum machine, analog synth, subtractive + simple FM synth and a sampler.

I think the circles we see in the box are just a glass effect, they are simple leds. Lots of colors though, bling bling !!

Iā€™d be a little pissy that the OT didnā€™t get granular if a new box comes out with it.

then Iā€™d suck it up and buy it so long as they promise me Hector will get to melt the world with it.

But seriously, I am very much in the market for, as I said, the MnMā€™s crazy cousin, slutty sister, etc. some crazily unabashedly digital groovebox, oh yes. My Octatrack needs an Elektron partner in crime!

Iā€™d be surprised if we saw a circlon-style sequencer from elektron. All of their offerings so far have been sequencer focused self contained systems all of which compliment without replacing each other.

I havenā€™t got a clue what it is but Iā€™d be very interested to see some kind of digital poly with wavetables and wave sequencing.

Itā€™s a pity

I think everyone needs to chill a bit. Maybe go make some music or have a nice meal. :slight_smile:

Soo ā€¦ this new machine, eh? Looking forward! I sold off an MPD32 today, so now I have one extra little space clear for whatever it might be. Is it ā€œTHE MIXERā€ (as speculated in the other thread) or an analog drum machine? Or something else?

When will it be announced, though? Namm 2014?

Cheques in the post, whatever it is, I know Iā€™ll want it!!! :slight_smile:

only if you want to get sucked into some protracted antagonistic schoolboy nonsense, best just ignore it, most do, but it is tiring and increasingly sad that the harmonious tone of the forum is being hijacked by people with nothing constructive to offer
[/quote]
Thereā€™s nothing to point out - not to me at least, because Iā€™m not the one lamenting that the thread about flashing lights is getting side tracked :slight_smile: The people who do the lamenting, theyā€™re the ones who need it pointed out. Threadā€™s on track, and some dude joins to complain about the moments that it wasnā€™t ? Well - assuming heā€™s sincere - it canā€™t hurt to point out the error of his ways. Me ? Iā€™m not bothered either way.

People who are waiting for a new analogue drum machine, have you looked at MFBā€™s Tanzbaer?

I guess it depends on what youā€™re after, but if itā€™s TR-style sounds then Iā€™m not aware of anything that comes close.

And for folks in the UK itā€™s Ā£1449 but donā€™t forget to add the 20% VAT which UK retailers stick on top of that, which brings the price to Ā£1738.80!

I think the price of Ā£1449 already includes the VAT.

It does. It says it below the price in the online shop if you go into ā€˜more infoā€™

ā€œAll prices include taxes, shipping and handling.ā€

The dude said ā€œwhich UK retailers stick on top of thatā€
I donā€™t know if heā€™s right or not, but heā€™s clearly not talking about the elektron online shop.

This is problem when forum members donā€™t read things properly. I said UK retailers add 20% VAT to goods/instruments etc. So itā€™s probably cheaper to buy from the Elektron store.

However we will see if thatā€™s what DV247 or Rubadub add on when they eventually turn up on said online retail stores.

1738?? Thereā€™s not a chance it will be priced that close to a prophet 12 :joy: :joy:

14xx UK sounds about as top end as it could be if anyone wants to actualy sell these.

EDIT - The displayed price is WITH the VAT added like the other machines.