A second new machine? [Analog Rytm launch, January 2014]

Appears to be the standard elektron size/layout but with lots of mutlticolor LED action where browsing/editing keysets tend to be.

My guess would be a control/mixer/fx box for the other boxes. Would be really sweet (and elektron like) if you could configure mutes/program changes or individual sound hits from a pad grid (or combine values as macros). You could then step program those changes along with machine specific CC. Sidechaining btw machines would be pretty sweet (along with a multiband eq/limiter on the final mix for output)

Allow you to mute the control, interpolate between settings of different steps, etc. Or mute the output of the control to default to the standard output. Lots of possibilities. Would be great if it had loopback i/o for the Octatrack for sampling purposes. Imagine if you could step by step send different inputs to the Octatrack and then jump over and live remix.

I can dream…

Its probably a fancy sauna control system that hooks up to home automation.

I have a hunch it will be announced when their sale is over… which is december 13th. On or around that date would be the tried and tested “shift the old stock in a sale to make way for the new” capitalist line of thinking :wink:

@Housecliche
I’m not sure what you’re driving at… you want in on the human centipede ?
#thankyouforthelevity

Cool idea, and certainly more likely than a 17" lcd displaying animated circles. lol.

You might be on to something though, that chain might be symbolic of some kind of unifying box… then again it might just be the decor of the club. It is berlin after all…

@joechip: i thought your earlier comment was funny and i’m as for dissent and anti fanboy-gush as the next man, i hadn’t thought i’d conveyed any ‘Elektron as angels’ sentiment either, i don’t think that - i was really just chipping in to a thread that was being totally ruined by persistent attention seeking obnoxiousness ! i don’t need to say any more … it’s all there to see unfortunately

What would tempt me would be
:: a fully elektron-ified poly 16 track midi sequencer, with note/CC/NPRN/Sysex sequencing, but no native sound producing capabilities of its own
:: list of 128 assignable plockable/LFO-able controls, that you can program any CC/NPRN/Sysex controller type to and sequencer to rejuvenate your old hardware synths & deeply manipulate in realtime, subject to their own midi processing speeds
:: a template & sound bank library to load in your synth custom 128 CC/NPRN/Sysex controller pages to tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc
:: BIAB style chord/accompaniment generator/arpeggiator
:: realtime drawable controller envelopes (fingertip touchscreen perhaps), X/Y blenders/multi-step morphs
:: velocity/aftertouch pad & mini keys
:: 16 encoders, multiple pages for the assigned controls
:: multiple audio ins and multiple series plockable multi-FX modules
:: multiple audio outs
:: multiple midi outs for each track
:: midi import export

sort of the Neuron mixer idea, but also heavy on sequencing and realtime programming/plocking of 3rd party hardware synths

1 Like

It’s a box of crickets. Everyone needs an analog cricket effect to leave the stage in style.

I’m hoping for something along the lines of this. a thoroughbred sequencer but with added and significant cv and gate emphasis as well as comprehensive midi. a sequentix cirklon basically, but the elektron version.

The lights look like a falsing KAOS pad or something

I’m hoping for something along the lines of this. a thoroughbred sequencer but with added and significant cv and gate emphasis as well as comprehensive midi. a sequentix cirklon basically, but the elektron version.[/quote]
+1 thats why I ordered a cirklon that’ll hopefuly be in my xmas stocking. Dunno if I’ll laugh or cry if Elektron announce a fancy dancy sequencer…
But hell, Cirklon is Made in Scotland and their marketing budget is limited to a 1990’s style HTML page
http://www.sequentix.com/
I love that - they can have my shekels anyday - Aye!

I’m hoping for something along the lines of this. a thoroughbred sequencer but with added and significant cv and gate emphasis as well as comprehensive midi. a sequentix cirklon basically, but the elektron version.[/quote]
+1 thats why I ordered a cirklon that’ll hopefuly be in my xmas stocking. Dunno if I’ll laugh or cry if Elektron announce a fancy dancy sequencer…
But hell, Cirklon is Made in Scotland and their marketing budget is limited to a 1990’s style HTML page
http://www.sequentix.com/
I love that - they can have my shekels anyday - Aye![/quote]
I’m suitably jealous! I’m still putting my shekels aside for the same, but there’s been a couple irresistible studio additions here & there that keeps setting my piggy bank back. I’d say you’ll be laughing either way mate, even if it is a fantabulous elektron sequencer it’s probably going to take a year-ish from the point of availability till all the little bugs and foibles are ironed out. I own two elektron boxes, I know of what I speak :slight_smile: The early bird catches the worm… but the second mouse gets the cheese :slight_smile:

+1 to the Neuron. I already built one with my favorite modular software, audio interface and midi interface so i dont really need it unless it does it better?. but I totally support Elektron bringing to the table a machine that helps the performance aspect of running multiple pieces of gear together as it can be a real brain twister to run multiple pieces of different pieces of gear toget in a live environment sorry about thr jumbled text, android and this forum are not getting along… s

Cirklon looks great, but I dropped off the waiting list and now have a cardboard box with all the bits needed to build a MidiBox Seq4.

If elecktron’s new machine isn’t a Sequencer/Programmer/FX box of tricks, I’ll be getting out my soldering iron over Christmas.

My Cirklon is being shipped to me in the next few days. No way Elektron makes a sequencer and midi controller when all their other gear has built in sequencers…the FX/Mixer thing is a good idea thought!

I really honestly cannot wait to be inspired by the Cirklon! I’m going to try to do some slower, “prettier” (but still dark-spoooky) melodic stuff with it.

If it’s not for me- well then I’ll just sell it for what I bought it for to a guy like me 3 months ago =)

How long were you on the list for the Seq v4 kit?? I gave up on that and bought a Cirklon lol

[quote="“RyanElektric”"]

How long were you on the list for the Seq v4 kit?? I gave up on that and bought a Cirklon lol[/quote]
I gave up on getting the kit, so just got the pcbs instead which are back on the smashtv site, and ordered all the other bits on mouser.
Cirklon was very tempting but I might build a midibox BLM and an NG at some stage so decided to go down the midbox path

New mini-topic:

It is a little bit surprising to see the low quality of video coverage on the Analog Keys and new mystery thing. Guess I got spoiled to the amazing high quality films we had been getting as teasers. Now we just watch a Vine on loop?

Wow talk about a bunch of hyperbole and speculation.
It will be what ever it is meant to be.
In all reality I am excited by the prospect of a new A4 OS and realize I am not the intended market for the A4 Keys but couldn’t really care one way or the other about the mystery box. Possibly helps having a set-up I am happy with and know will take years to fully master already (but I digress).
Might lay low until after announcements are made as I read this thread from front to back and now want my morning back …laughs :imp:

ya, personally I figure they’re just not wanting to promote too heavily while they’re running a 10% sale on the rest of their stock (until dec 13th). That kind of sale is not done out of the goodness of their hearts, that’s done to shift units out of the warehouse.

Wait. wood = anaLOG 4. Really? :dizzy_face:
That pun is out of line and far, far too silly… Well I guess it coulda gone in an even worse direction…but still.

So should we call it th’ LOG instead of a4?

For instance, I like the timber of the log, the log has a woody sound. Lord have mercy.

That’s what I was thinking! When they say it will be announced soon, I bet they mean after the sale. Then we will get the Hector vids with a countdown till when the cube will be opened (on namm or musikmesse?).