A second new machine? [Analog Rytm launch, January 2014]

OK, thanks. That means I can stop refreshing the Elektron page and get back to work! :slight_smile:

No announcement date yet. But it hasnā€™t been postponed either so to speak. More info in December![/quote]
ā€œIt will be revealed very very soonā€¦ā€ Sometime in December is not very very soon! Not to mention, we will only get more info? Just remember Jon and elektron, a lot of us are holding back from buying your products until this is revealedā€¦

No announcement date yet. But it hasnā€™t been postponed either so to speak. More info in December![/quote]
ā€œIt will be revealed very very soonā€¦ā€ Sometime in December is not very very soon! Not to mention, we will only get more info? Just remember Jon and elektron, a lot of us are holding back from buying your products until this is revealedā€¦[/quote]
Why? Elektron mentioned itā€™s not a product that conflicts with the current offering.
If you really want one of the current Elektron products that bad you would instantly take the 10% discount and be happy. Waiting for the unknown is a silly game with no winnersā€¦

So no new machine in LA this weekend at the workshop?

@acidfever, the point I was trying to make is that I only have enough money to spend on one machine and I am waiting to see if this new machine fits my studio better than the current offerings. Now as far as the 10%, I can get 20% + off on ebay right now and with no expiration date.

Iā€™m in the same boat. Only have enough funds for one machine so am keen to find out what the mystery box is 'cos if it isnā€™t something I need I can get an A4 ordered.

ā€œIt will be revealed very very soonā€¦ā€ Sometime in December is not very very soon! Not to mention, we will only get more info? Just remember Jon and elektron, a lot of us are holding back from buying your products until this is revealedā€¦[/quote]
Wow.
By my count, December is three days from now.

@CrsCain, wow, you are correct. Could it be early, mid or late December? Iā€™m guessing more info coming very very soon (early December) and then, the reveal will be very soon (mid), following the soon ship date (late dec). So, sooner than later it is ;p

You make me sad, Elektron! Sad!
But then so happyā€¦ :slight_smile: Please let it be December 2nd?

now I want a drumkeysā€¦machinedrum with attached keyboard

Wild guess:
Octatrack with keys + improvements?

How about analog/digital/hybrid sampling machine drum with velocity sensitive drumpads and step seq? Not sure a keyboard makes sense on a drum machine!? This would, of course, be a direct competitor to the Tempest, more than anything else out thereā€¦

my hunch is still some sort of FX/plock/granular mixer for real time mangling - somewhat of a OTO biscuit on stereoids. Would basically be a sequenceable granular delay synth, but dependent on incoming audio. (4 stereo ins?). That would be elektron jumping off into new territory.

Or maybe, somewhat more conventional and a progression from A4, a pure FM or PCM multi-track digital synth. That would fit the bill of not overlapping any previous product, except for the monomachine FM machine.

How about analog/digital/hybrid sampling machine drum with velocity sensitive drumpads and step seq? Not sure a keyboard makes sense on a drum machine!? This would, of course, be a direct competitor to the Tempest, more than anything else out thereā€¦[/quote]
Wouldnā€™t take very much effort for Elektron to win that competition- just include some basic sampling functions and get rid of the ā€œpoly synth in a drum machineā€™s clothesā€ problem by reducing some aspects of the synthesis and introducing a bit more variety with the digital oscillators/DSP/SELECTABLE SAMPLE RATE , slap an Elektron sequencer on there and possibly more CV outs (a group of 5-6 triggers would be very cool and not infringe on the A4ā€™s business), you got a piece of kit Iā€™d buy 3 times if I could.

I have that suspicion as well- it would make sense. It would be interesting to see how they go about designing it- a big, expensive FX box meant to be played live has a small target audience (mainly, existing elektron users and possibly the DJ crowd).

Which would, of course, lend more credence to the ā€œNeuronā€ idea floating around: why make such a device (with audio I/O and A/D converters) and not throw some faders on there too?

An Elektron DJ mixer focused on live-remixing like a full hardware version of Ableton would certainly appeal to a lot of DJs and could usher in a new era of technical DJ skills.

How about analog/digital/hybrid sampling machine drum with velocity sensitive drumpads and step seq? Not sure a keyboard makes sense on a drum machine!? This would, of course, be a direct competitor to the Tempest, more than anything else out thereā€¦[/quote]
Wouldnā€™t take very much effort for Elektron to win that competition- just include some basic sampling functions and get rid of the ā€œpoly synth in a drum machineā€™s clothesā€ problem by reducing some aspects of the synthesis and introducing a bit more variety with the digital oscillators/DSP/SELECTABLE SAMPLE RATE , slap an Elektron sequencer on there and possibly more CV outs (a group of 5-6 triggers would be very cool and not infringe on the A4ā€™s business), you got a piece of kit Iā€™d buy 3 times if I could.[/quote]
yeah, I agree, a box like this would spank the Tempest; Iā€™d be lining up for one as well :+1:

an elektron Sherman-OTO-Kaoss-onome.

donā€™t think it would only be attractive for live use. a very hands on sequencable mangler would be superb for composing, and would sit nicely in the middle of ā€˜the trinityā€™

seems the Night of Machines ā€˜demoā€™ of the new box was lights only, no sound. Which might confirm that the new box relies on incoming audio to do anything. They couldnā€™t fit any other existing machines in the cube to feed it ā€¦ otherwise some audio would have been provided.

My impression itā€™s a analog drum machine. It seems they have been working on a analog circuit especially for drums. And on itā€™s way they also found out that the bass could be a bit better for the Analog Four so itā€™s optimized!

Life would be so sweet if I never had to hear about an analog drum machine from Elektron ever again. :joy:

They have heard the wish and either its something they want to get into or its not. My feeling is its a lot of dedicated ciruits with a wide range of parameters to control without interfering with the analog path. The MachineDrum didnā€™t try to recreate the 808/909 so I doubt they will try it now.

B

Disclaimer: Iā€™ve not forseen either the A4 or AK products so donā€™t take anything I say as reliable.

Get out of my head. :confused: