5 year old Electron Octatrack

Hi,

Guys I am new to Octatrack and its functions, I am looking to buy used OT which 5 year old seller is willing to let it go for 750$ is this a right price??? OT is in perfect working conditions with A-B fader being little wobbly. Please guys need some expert advice on what other things to look out while buying used OT.

Thanks.

In my honest opinion, if you’ve used something for 5 years then it’s a bit cheeky to ask for 75% if its original value.

I’d try and haggle down, personally.

2 Likes

thanks!

I just sold one of the first Octatracks off the line (whatever year that was) but it was in superb condition. It sold for $800. Check out the prices on Reverb.com for a really good sense of worth. I will say this though, I sold mine because I bought a mkII. The mkII is so much more grokable than the original. It’s amazing what a new button layout and labels will do for productivity.

5 Likes

preorder was 2010, shipped maaaybe late 2010 early 2011. Random FYI

I bought my OT 3.5 years ago, third hand, 1 year for previous owner, so mine is maybe older…
No issues except bad contact with PSU socket, easy to fix.

1 Like

725$ - 750$ is what i saw them go at muffs for the US.
in europe people are asking way more what i saw when i surched for one some few months back.

for 300$ more should you be able to get a brandnew OTmkII.
make the maths. I did and went with a mkII.

the mkIs have to come down to 700$ or even less to be a real competition vs. a new mkII

if he’s 5 years old and understands the octatrack he’s very clever.

on uk gumtree mk2 range from £800 upwards
Mk1 £690 .

probably worth trying gumtree / reverb / ebay / mutable instruments / gearslutz / kvr / muffwiggler … i think they all have for sale sections.

and on here of course.

1 Like

In the US $750 is good, ive seen them going for $800 lately.