Zoom Ms-70 CDR

Thanks. Your right. My mistake was not doing it in the right order. And of course misinterpreting the manual. All is good now. Thanks again :slight_smile:

I’ve seen a few folks chatting about those recently. What’s your opinion?

Cheers Peter👍

1 Like

I was literally just looking at buying this pedal yesterday…Seems like an amazing unit for the price. I need a decent stereo reverb to act as an aux send for my Octatrack and this could be it.

particle reverb is great for those long reverb swells

Worth the price.
Does a more then decent job as aux send on my Midas Venice 160

3 Likes

If you choose the LineSel effect in the first slot you can make the whole chain a wet effect to use on a send. Then you can use the individual adjustments on each FX to sort your gain staging.

5 Likes

I just ordered 2 of these. For the price and the sounds I’ve heard online, it’s a no brainer. They won’t replace my more expensive pedals, but I’m sure they’ll come in very handy.

Truth is in the pudding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m thinking of (finally) picking one of these up to use as send FX from my mixer. I like that it’s nice and compact. Question for you and anyone else using it as a send – do you use multiple FX in that case? That is, do you have a delay-reverb chain (or some other funkier combo), or only a single effect at a time?

I use it in both manners: multiple effects and single.
I really like the “ensemble” type of chorus with a hd hall reverb. Some usable comps as well.

3 Likes

I love the shimmer and particle reverbs! This thing is flexible with the amount of FX plus the ability to chain them. Also helped my Mono output Ambika to output stereo now. I don’t believe all of the fx are stereo out but I can see different waveforms for both channels on a lot of them when I record. Worth the $110 I paid for it for sure.

3 Likes

I don’t own a MS 70 yet, but I’m looking around for a use on. I stumble across this, which allows you to have a effects list from other Zoom ms pedals into 1 pedal. But I can’t say what problems there might be. So those with a MS70 hope you can have a try and give some reviews.

1 Like

Isn’t that just basically a software editor?

just got my ms70 cdr today, no it’s not, it suppose to be able to inject effects from other zoom ms models. just tried it today, but it doesn’t work… :frowning_face: hopefully there will be a fix for this. would be great to have distortions on the ms70

otherwise how else are you liking it?

It’s weird.

When they discontinued the MS100BT, Zoom gave you an option to load other FX onto the CDR70. I did so on mine.

But now I can’t find the option on Zoom’s website.

Maybe here:
https://zoomcorp.com/en/jp/multi-effects/multistomp-pedals/ms-70cdr/ms-70cdr-support/

If I remember correctly it was delivered as a firmware update.

1 Like

yes I have the MS100BT and loaded up all possible effects. The only problem I have with the MS 100BT is a high frequency ringing that remains when nothing is playing and all effects are bypassed. It kindof irritates me. So I got a used MS70 to test out. No more ringing… also no more distortion.

At the moment I can’t really compare to other effects as I only have this ones to play around. I’m building up a humble synth case with the DT and DN also with the 2 waldorf desktop twins. Got the pulse 2 so far and distortion on bass is my kindof thing. :innocent: Plus it’s a small format and lots of effects to choose from… so it’s fits my to-be-case and budget.

You need one of these:

1 Like