ZOIA or Organelle

Did you see this video? Loopop compares Zoia to Eurorack, pedals, etc. Too bad Organelle is not included in the video, but maybe the video will help you anyway.

1 Like

By making the unit bulkier, it’s C&G who have narrowed the use cases. The speaker and battery compartment quite obviously orient the Organelle M to mobile use. Don’t shoot the messenger for pointing this out!

1 Like

Not at all! Im just pointing out that only the beach is a very narrow take on where one can use it.

1 Like

How bout a Zynthian?

God, I want one!

Whats dat?

https://zynthian.org/
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I hoped you got to play with one and tell us lol. (:

Not enough knobs :upside_down_face:

I have not noticed this myself, I thought it sounded nice, however now I will check it out when using mine next, either way it won’t make a difference.

1 Like

Ive heard some say similar,
though can’t say i really noticed it, or bothered me,
except:

on the organelle-1. there was a compressor at the end of signal chain, which was causing some changes to the sound (and really noticeable if you have lots of dynamics) - this has been removed from the organelle-m, and next OS release for organelle-1 also has it removed.

also you will find many of the C&G patches used a LP filter, where the highest frequency was 4kHz(?) - this can easily be removed, or extended.

4 Likes

More about this here too if you’re interested … https://forum.critterandguitari.com/t/sound-quality-opinions/1369/4

@thetechnobear nice to hear it will be removed from O1 in the next OS release though I must say it’s never been a point of attention for me…

1 Like

That all makes a TON of sense, @thetechnobear and @jasl, thanks for the explanation and link. Glad my ears weren’t playing tricks on me, and I’m patting myself on the back for noticing when things should’ve been more dynamic and wild-sounding at the noisier/harsher end but didn’t come out that way. I can see the benefits of the compressor but I’m glad they’re removing it. It affects artistic decisions too much, in my opinion - patch makers are welcome to put compression into the signal path if they choose, whether it’s the C&G compressor, a tweaked version of it, or something else entirely, but it shouldn’t be in the mother patch itself.

1 Like