Your setups [ 10k Archive]

They’re not bad, I only really use them when I’m having an impromptu jam, I tend to sketch out my ideas on the octatrack and then when they are something resembling a song I fire them into logic and then play any melodies etc in live to give more feel. Then I add the effects at the end. I always turn off any effects on the Octatrack, and any external keyboards before recording.

It is pretty good value for what you get, it was only released at Namm this year and has just been delivered out the past couple of months.

I think because all of the chat about the Deepmind 12 this has been overlooked a little and in my opinion is a much better synth.

Davy

2 Likes

I had a go on a Deepmind and thought it sounded very thin and spindly for an analogue poly tbh

Yeah, I don’t get that either. Seems like you’re just paying for the Sequential Circuits name (or Oberheim name if you opt for OB-6 version), as they don’t sound that different - not enough to justify the price hike anyway.

Was seriously thinking of a Rev2 or Novation Peak, but realised that I had GAS and that I just don’t need another hardware synth (already have AK and Avalon), as have Omnisphere 2/Keyscape and DIVA and they really are incredible, especially when warmed up with AH! I don’t do any live shows (yet) so it’d be a waste of cash…probably… :smiley:

Figured it might sound like that when playing in person, what can you expect from such a low priced synth though, they’ve gotta cut corners somehow

Do it!!!, but you might want to wait for a few OS upgrades before committing to buy :slight_smile:

Björk’s 1994 home setup

16 Likes

My current setup. MI Ambika, Mother-32, Digitakt (new), Roland SH-09 (LOVE!) and a few toys. I also have a Yamaha AN1X not shown.

I feel I “need” something else. Was considering an AK but have talked myself out of it based on reviews. Ambika is awesome and I’m happy with it. I see a lot of you have an Analog Heat. I’m considering either this or Soundtoys 5 when on sale for adding colour. Any thoughts on what would complement my setup?

Just finished this track, 2nd play with my new Digitakt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDkil7s67U

Here’s my ghetto setup. I had a shit ton of gear a few years ago but sold everything except the MnM when I lost interest. The MnM was the only machine I really clicked with, there’s something about that magic box. I did like the MD when I had one so I might try and pick one up again sometime

8 Likes

Just waiting patiently for my Digitakt… :ecstatic:

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate. It’s a hell of a synth.
Would be great if you could get a couple weeks of hands-on time with it, thanks to a store’s return policy perhaps?

1 Like

12 Likes

That’s one amazing setup!

How do you like your Digi+MPC Live combo? How’s your workflow like? I have a digi and I’m thinking about buying a Live too, do you think it’s overkill?

I think they work well together, I use the DT to control the virus ti2, as well as drums, love the sampler on it. I use the mpc for drones/soundscapes as well as extra drums, and you can manipulate the sound with the X/Y pad on live, plus it’s the portability of it, if I’m away I can pack it up and go, only had it in the set up for about a week or so, so still learning how it works, I don’t use the software, just standalone.

It’s never overkill! Gear is good!!

1 Like

My gig is constantly changing… recently replaced my Moog Voyager with the AJH Synth eurorack modules housed in the Waldorf KB37 case.

Also sold my A4 2 days before the announcement of the MKII… eagerly await that release :v::+1:

13 Likes

It’s OK I changed my mind back again and pre-ordered the A4 MKII

2 Likes

Great choice.

If I didn’t have an AK, my money would be going toward an A4 MK2.
I used a CME Xkey-37 with my old A4.
Would be a great companion for the A4 MK2.

1 Like

Looks good. I’ve got a Keystep so will use that. Looking forward to getting the A4 MKII.

1 Like

Hmm, must take an up-to-date pic, this is sometime last year…

There’s a bunch of other stuff that’s not in that photo too, the layout is a bit ‘fluid’ at present.

Other stuff includes a Korg Radias & R3, Waldorf Blofeld, bunch of midi controllers including Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Keystep and a few other misc bits.

1 Like

Replace the little midimix in this pic with a Digitakt and that’s going to be the basis of my live rig for a gig in the not too distant future… :slight_smile:

1 Like