Your setups [ 10k Archive]

The MPC1000 is still a bang-tidy looking machine. Nice colour setup you have on yours!
Always fancied one but never really needed one.

2 Likes

Thx.
It’s good to go for poly samples and adding single hit drums to make the loops in the octatrack thicker.
Really I’ve come off the mpc live GAS cuz I can do all I need with with the 1000. No complaints.

1 Like

Wow, what an inspiring setup! Love the desk/studio furniture - is that custom built?

Back to IDMf or I’ll ban your sorry ass.
We’re watching you two-timer.

1 Like

Lol right back at ya auto!

This has been my setup during the weekend, while I’ve been dogsitting for my parents.
Good times! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

So cool feature stand (your Digitak) :ecstatic:

1 Like

Hey thanks… the table is from http://www.wavenature.de
and left and right side are from a company in Sweden, called IKEA.

The DT and AH look so good next to each other. I can’t help but think a similar footprint digital polysynth from elektron would just fit here perfectly…

Is that the new Bassbot? How do you like it?

Nice dog? :grinning:

Pretty minimal. The Circuit and Laptop are not mine.

2 Likes

out with the modular - back in with the old MD red girl…

5 Likes

Had to move out of my former studio so a new setup is on the way, not hooked up yet.

2 Likes

Don’t think I have ever seen a setup which involved one Aira, and that Aira was the VT-3.

2 Likes

Haha. I’d replace it with the Roland vp03, but the funds won’t allow it, for now. Think they missed a spell not including a way to play it from a keyboard, as you need to be able to sing well, which is not the case with me :slight_smile:
It allows for a quarter tone mistake above and below, cross that and it goes to the next chromatic tone, with a brilliantly dissonant minor second grinding out of the speakers. Yeey

2 Likes

OK surely we need to hear recordings of this vocal effect. :smiley: It’s past time for the sound of autotune to make an exit from the world of popular music.

3 Likes

I don’t see a computer in your setup and I might remember wrong, but I think you can play it from a USB keyboard somehow.

amazing how for long it’s being used… “trap” beats next pls.

2 Likes

It has a USB B, so only via another device or computer, which is cumbersome. I look for devices that can do more than one thing to save space, and most importantly, cables.
Cables are my life :sweat: