Your setups [ 10k Archive]

A true elektronaut! :slight_smile:

aren’t the MnM and MD a little too far to mess with inside that desk? would drive me crazy ! lol

2 Likes

How do you like using reason with the elektron gear? I’ve been thinking of going back to reason as my DAW.

everything first goes into the mixer then into the oxtatrack and then on to the heat as the last in the chain, so I am able to sample everything

1 Like

i love it. but no overbridge support. not yet. reason will get vst support soon (reliable source) and therefore overbridge too.

Edit: Now it is official. Reason gets vst. I do not need it, but for overbridge support it will be amazing.

2 Likes

No way! If they could have a proper controller for the mixer that would rock my DAW world! Moterized faders and a screen like push 2 dedicated to reason! Someone make one for me pls!
Are you able to send pc messages to elektron gear from reason? To change patterns in time with the tracks? Are you using the blocks function much?

1 Like

What on earth is that monitor that you have the reason rack on? Looks awesome!

Asus PB298Q

So you build your track only with the octatack or the computer has a particular role in your composing method?

Recording and h9 control, minitaur editor. Can use a daw and send midi to everything but i rarely do

Thanks for your time !

New baby in the familia

8 Likes

Here’s my little setup :slight_smile: Looking to add a Squarp Pyramid and a polysynth very soon, can’t wait!

7 Likes

All you have to find is the space!

Haha, yes, correct! A bigger room and desk will be mine soon :wink:

Why a squarp? Seems like you already can cover that ground with the octatrack! Or ak if it has cv!

What’s the desktop synth you got there?

Think it’s an avalon bassline

I’m attracted to the Squarp because I can control everything from one central sequencer unit, it’s just a little more smoother than having to focus too much on each individual piece of kit IMO. The OT is a great midi sequencer, you’re right, but the Squarp is far more capable overall.

The desktop synth is indeed an Abstrakt Avalon Bassline, great piece of kit.

I’m not sure what polysynth to get though, the shortlist so far is Novation Peak, DSI Rev 2 or Virus TI2 - all quite different I know, so need to test them and figure out which one is going to serve best.

1 Like

my setup at the moment. Got Reaktor blocks and my eurorack working together yesterday. Awesome! Always have to hold myself back from selling my elektrons to buy modules instead :slight_smile: but love them too much in the end.
But I think the 0-coast has to join the party.

5 Likes

I would take the Virus. Good combo with Pyramid.

1 Like