Your setups [ 10k Archive]

One of the few novels that had a real impact on me.

1 Like

Finally got to play this setup live and it seemed to go really well. It certainly sounded awesome. It was my first time getting to hear my beloved Monomachine on a full (and pretty good) sound system and she did not disappoint.

10 Likes

I love mine, they help save space so much!

this is my 90s rack.

6 Likes

Is that a JP-8080? I loved my JP-8000 so much, so easy to program with all the knobs and sliders!

1 Like

yes… it is a jp-8080 and it is much better than the current Roland synths. sounds fantastic

Some really nice setups here. I’m still putting together my small, computerless setup that I can jam on and I’d like to get some feedback from you knowledgeable lot. Currently I have:

Octatrack
Nord road a1
Yamaha mg10xu mixer
Proco rat pedal
Roland tr8
Eventide H9

How would you configure this? Currently I have the Nord going into the Octatrack and the Octatrack going into the mixer (stereo channel). The tr8 is going into the mixer with the kick and snare as separate outs (mono channels) with the rest on the stereo mix. The rat is on the mixer send (used mostly on the kick and snare). Not sure where I’m putting the eventide yet, maybe as an insert on the Nord or maybe on the Octatrack as a send. The thing I’m missing is being able to effect the snare (reverb).

How would you set this up? Anything that can make it a bit more flexible?

Get a patch-bay, would be my suggestion. It’s cheap to get the box and some cables and allows many flexible routings.

1 Like

About a month after I bought my JP-8000, my first real synth, they announced the JP-8080 with all the FX I was hoping the JP-8000 had. The JP8k was my first true love affair with a synth. I did it wrong by recording into a 4-track cassette recorder with it for years making awful techno music!

3 Likes

Same here, love the 0-Coast sound; definitely a very unique character and the cherry on top is the pretty handy set of utilities that can be used with the rest of the modular. But I recently fell for the Nozoïd OCS-2, and it is getting close to steal the “favorite sound generator” place. Check it out !

3 Likes

5 Likes

OT on the floor makes me very anxious…

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I haven’t been drinking :wink:

Still though…I’d invest in either a table…

…or a baby cage :smiley:

(like you know…those things that keep he baby in a certain area(baby cage sounded weird))

1 Like

Haha, it’s usually on a table, I just felt like sitting on the floor

1 Like

In this thread I learnt Ryan probably doesn’t have a child, and if he does somebody should call social services… Or pet services

3 Likes

You think if I had a child I wouldn’t sample that baby?! I’d sample the eff out of that baby. I’d make an entire album out of that baby. I made a song out of a fart sample, I’ll make an album out of my offspring.

No baby samples in my music. No baby.

Not yet anyway…

4 Likes

I’ve recorded my boy laughing, slowed it down, drowned it in verb and delay- suitably terrifying.

We still haven’t addressed your desire to cage children though…

3 Likes

haha when we got a play area for our little girl we started calling it “baby jail”
Now that she’s bigger there’s just crayon on everything so it was just delaying the inevitable

1 Like

My kids go for the Octatrack all the time, like zombies go for flesh.

5 Likes