Your setups [ 10k Archive]

wow!

Whats the little box in the middle?

Yes, great stands. Just picked up a pair. They seem a bit expensive for what they are but worth it.

I’m pretty sure it’s a Xivi matrix mixer: https://xiwielectronics.com/products/passive-matrix-mixer

2 Likes

While they might seem expensive, if you start counting how much a similar acoustic improvement would cost by adding absorption, bass traps etc, the cost is very manageable. Hope they work well with your setup! Try both lenghts and the tilts to find your sweep spot.

1 Like

Today I ordered my new sequencers for the eurorack.

9 Likes

I’ve always been intrigued by the Blofeld. It’d probably pair wonderfully with the OT, but I already have too much crap. I wish there were more outputs and MIDI thru too :confused:

1 Like

It’s funny that the Blofeld is getting so much love lately. I owned one for a bit and while I did like it, it seemed redundant with my TI Snow. So many people here swear by it though!

1 Like

My setup for tomorrow nights gig…
The Heat is on the picture too but I don’t take it with me. Every sample in the Toraiz went thru the Heat first so I can leave it at home.

6 Likes

How do you like the Toraiz? I’m n the fence between OT <-> Toraiz <> MPC-L

I like the Toraiz very much. The sound quality is outstanding and the effects are very good. Midi is also nice, the midi out is going to the pittsburgh Lifeforms. I have an OT too and I use that for sound mangling and weird stuff. They compliment each other very well. I chose the Toraiz for this live set because of the sound quality and the visual feedback I have on stage. I arrange my songs on the fly, in the OT I was a bit lost sometimes, which can be surprising good and funny…

I follow the new MPC with a lot of interest, but I will surely miss the step sequencer the Toraiz has (and the OT also) its another workflow I guess. The only things I like the MPC over the Toraiz (what I know so far) is multitouch screen and layering per pad. So they all have their good things!

2 Likes

It is a work in progress and a little out of control, but… I suppose that’s addiction for you

39 Likes

:ooh:

1 Like

Hahaha. Nice. It really is a cool device. Most certainly the inspiration for elektron’s basic philosophy.

Wow. Quite the lab. Do you use polychain those Moogs?

slow whistle

1 Like

Which Moogs? The Voyagers? I typically run the top one using the Analog Four CV outs into the vx-352 input expander. This way I can use the parameter locks! I typically run the bottom one via midi from the Sub 32… at least for today
Keep in mind that every thing in the lab is sent to the patch bays so that everything (audio and CV and midi) can be routing easily anywhere.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Modulated Slow Whistle fed into the space echo. Dub them shits.

3 Likes

Holy cats!
I might forget how to eat and sleep if I was in there!

1 Like

yeah, a little out of control :wink:

Are you making music or trying to fly to the moon?

2 Likes