Your setups [ 10k Archive]

After some experiments with new equipment (ak, ot, push 2), i am back where i was, small, relatively simple, Beautiful

15 Likes

You enjoy your a4 ? :slight_smile:

Ha

I have it since yesterday, only played a little bit… happy it is in perfect condition (i swapped it for my ak, dont want to think about it to be broken)

But i think it is good i did it…

1 Like

I’ll be curious to know if you find yourself liking the A4 more. If I decide I want to try one again, I think I’d go for the A4 over another AK…the AK was just too big for how I like my Elektrons.

size is main thing. I love it to have a small device in front of me.
i don;t need all functionality.what i can do with A4 is more than enough.
the ergonomics of my a4 and ar together is amazing… I can mute channels from both devices with one hand only.

I don’t have any ambition with making music. have been on stage a lot a while ago. Also don’t feel like I have to go to any party (but I will see headless horseman soon when he plays in Nijmegen). The Analog four is most fun when I am hanging on my couch or in bed, playing and disappearing. The best music I made with only an A4 or with this combination

one more thing… my creativity blocks from too many possibilities and too big equipment. i don;t use many things and i ony start to scratch the surface. I love this ‘limited’ equipment.

3 Likes

That looks like a fun setup. Is that a shoe rack?

Yes, £40 from John Lewis, it’s perfect for two Elektron boxes side by side!

2 Likes

So i played with it yesterday all evening. It is just fantastic. So fast, So ergonomic (on both brain and muscles), so comfortable. I think i am really happy with it, and i dont need anything for a long time cause in can do all i want only with this (and ableton)

2 Likes

Hey Wouzer, did you made this kind of stand? easy to travel with?
Thanks!

Here you can find the information I used. http://radek-rudnicki.net/elektron-rack/

Only thing I miss here, is that the cooling-area on the side of the machines is not open in this design (as far as I can see). I carved this out of the wood, but you cannot see this on the picture. Tomorrow I will make them even more open.

Watch out with the screws. They are M3, and only go into my machine for 2 mm. Some people screwed up their machines with too big screws.

My connection between the 2 pieces of the wood is with a Hinge. I think Radek has a different connection. He can easilly disconnect his parts. I think this is better… I couldn’t find a good solution for it but I am still busy with it.

The wood I used is Meranti, it is really good wood and I found it in my old child bed. So zero cost.

I must admit, my father has a wood workplace, so I had all to tools in reach. Some woodworkers here lasercut it for you, if you want to.

2 Likes

Qu-pac mixer
Octatrack
Analog Keys
Analog 4
Analog Rytm
Monomachine
Machinedrum
Virus Ti desktop
Volca Keys
Volca Bass
Volca Beat
Monotribe

Would love a Minitaur

similar setup to me, minus virus and mixer, add boutiques, different mixer

I love the nepali sarangi on top of your oberheim modules!

1 Like

Thanks. Me too. It’s a beautiful sounding instrument. I’ve got quite a lot of instruments from the region, thanks in part to a lovely shop called Everest Imports where I used to live in Colorado Springs. I’ve got all manner of bells, bowls, drums and percussion, a 10’ dung chen horn, kangling (thighbone trumpet).

Very nice!!! Looks awesome!
The only downside is that you cant use the decksavers…

ha,… i just sold my decksaver :slight_smile:

but there are many ways to cover it… it’s not the decksaver that is important to me… it’s important to cover when not in use.

Does anybody have some tipps how to hide all the cables ?

1 Like

Easy to travel with… i role it in a baby blanket and put it in my small waterproef backpack

At the AirPort it was checked twice for being explosive…

1 Like

My little little corner of the world

16 Likes

this and analog rytm and monomachine all i need to dub

16 Likes