Your setups [ 10k Archive]

I love that setup! I’m quite sure some real creative works are pumped out! What Casio is that and what are its features?

1 Like

Powerful rig!

1 Like

A good old Waldorf pulse, nice, clear and very dynamic sound.
I suppose the MD drives it ? The Waldorf instantly change patch with no delay or latency. Nice way to use it !

3 Likes

That would be the Casio PT50. Been having a blast pairing it with the OT and getting stuck into the sampling side of things, which I’ve sadly avoided up until now.

Highlights include:

• 8 vintage rompler sounds
  • 12 pre-programmed drum patterns ranging from bossa nova to waltz
  • a separate chord section to the left of the keybed that can be played at the same time. Or it can be triggered by the drum patterns.
  • 1/4 inch unbalanced monophonic output
  • Some sort of microcassette sequencer

Picked one up in a junk shop several years ago and went nuts getting high and running it through fx into a bigass sound system, but it went away due to an unfortunate misadventure and I’ve always missed it. Finally picked another one up this year.

I’m a huge fan of the chord sound plus the drums are surprisingly useful once you start messing about with them. Today I discovered that the trumpet sound paired with the OT filter can start getting into acid territory!

1 Like

Yea man I checked out the Casio, it’s really nice! I love hearing those 8bit sounds!

1 Like

Yeah, particularly drived by the MD :), the MD swings the Pulse

I don’t have Casio. What you see on the desk are OT, MD, MM, Pulse, Moonwind, & MFB 303 (for analog low cost touch inside the MD by using midi & audio input :slight_smile:)

This track was made with MD + OT. Sounds & samples tweaked from OT & rhythm, bass, rolling snares from MD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnMqm_cME8

I’m really surprised by your posts & interest guys, :slight_smile: In fact, ultimately always surprised when concerning Elektron :wink:

been a slutty month with the heat, nord lead 4r and push 2

8 Likes

Hey Nedavine how are you routing that all? interface/Mixer?

Nice setup :slight_smile: Is that tascam mixer the same as the one in the 388?

Edit - dunno how that KMI Midi part of this post happened… Ignore :wink:

what are those speakers ?

got a shitty behringer line mixer and running a clarret 4pre. the keys and rytm go to the 4pre and then the rest goes to the line mixer. Sometimes run the keys and rytm to the octa and send that to the 4pre(thats my live set up). octa is midi master, rest are chsined off that

1 Like

Rokit rpg2 10-3

Thank you.
It’s a vintage Tascam 312B, don’t know if it’s the same setup as a 388.

1 Like

My setup a while ago…

5 Likes

I use to have a Virus TI mrk1 Keyboard as master keyboard, but due to limited desk space I have to take it out of the set up… too bad. I think I’ll try to sell it and maybe get a desktop version mrk2.
This set up is finally versatile as I envisioned 5-6 years ago when I started to get serious about hardware gear: aside from guitar-bass-pedals and our beloved Elektrons, the weak stage was in mixing and audio card. Now with an Roland Octacapture and a Mackie 1202 I can jam with the computer off or record and integrate on my Ableton Live on separate channels for each machine + guitar and bass.
Loving it right now!

10 Likes

Had to reduce my stuff down to get the Christmas tree on the table. I’ve taken up all of the living room bit by bit. :grinning:

3 Likes

I thought these are your Christmas gifts :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s taken a few years to collect this lot but I recon a TB-03 could fit down the chimney!

2 Likes