Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Great thanks. So everything goes into the mixer to the ot and then back to ableton? or is the ot the last in the audio chain? In other words: Who samples what :slight_smile:

Temporary kitchen table studio.

6 Likes

Excellent location. You can enjoy a smoothie while you make a groovie

3 Likes

Only the MD and MM go into the mixer, then into the OT then into Ableton. Everything else goes straight into its own input on the audio interface (Except the stuff coming in via USB).

I don’t do much sampling of synths into the OT, I tend to either sample off the iPad or my phone, so I keep a pair of inputs free for that. Sometimes I transfer loops from Ableton back into the OT for further work, but I do that by exporting the loops as WAVs

So it’s been a while since I last posted my setup.

My plan for focusing on a single instrument has been going rather well despite a few hiccups. The moxf turned out to be a bit too limited to hold my attention, but upgrading to the Montage has definitely got that problem sorted. Can’t wait to have it permanently on its stand in the new place!

The OP1 has mostly sat in a drawer since I got the montage. It was an impulse buy, but more for its sampling/tape recorder side. Going back and forwards on selling it.

As much as I enjoy noodling about with just my two hands, there’s only 2 of them. Plus I quite like playing over programmed sequences. Experimented with various forms of sequencing, had an SE Engine for a while but that was just inviting further silliness. Having a computer in the equation isn’t doing it for me though.

Which is why I’ve just gone and ordered another Octatrack!!!

Need to avoid spillage. This temporary studio does not exist no more. Out of the picture analog keys, jx,jp,ju,volca bass and keys. No room left. Need new apartment with dedicated studio.

1 Like

How is it having both the A4 and AK?

I like it, but you have to like the a4 akeys sound as it is duplicated. I use one for poly, the other for mono tracks. another use it using one for drumelines, the other for mono tracks etc. quite versatile.

1 Like

keeping decksavers in business single handedly :sunglasses:

1 Like

My gear travels a lot, plus I am meticulous about keeping the encoders safe as possible. I have a 5 year old boy running loose in the house.

2 Likes

Me also, 5 and 3 year old. Gotta protect the gear!!!

1 Like

Kiddos!

I’ve a 3 year old and 9 month old. I think I’ll invest into some deck savers.

1 Like

I prefer standing as well. Having gotten used to it now, it would feel really phleghmatic to slump into a chair for making music. I sit around all day at the office and tbh its killing me.

1 Like

Defo standing up has always worked for me, urgency, and when I start to dance (I can’t dance) I know I’m on to something…

1 Like

Digi love with a side of analog

2 Likes

Had to sell a bunch of gear and have trimmed down to this set up. I’m actually going to try and compose tracks by sampling and sequencing everything with the Sampletrak! It will be a change of pace from the Octatrack but definitely hits the dirty hip hop vibe I’m feeling lately. That Kaossilator is swimming in the MF drive and MF delay also… and is deadly.

Life goal of Sampletrak hip hop instrumental bandcamp release by end of the year.

4 Likes

Scored a 6 month old :elmm: on Muffs after narrowly missing out on the last batch direct from Elektron.

Couldn’t be more thrilled about having a :elmm: again.

4 :3lektron:s will be cumbersome for flight travel but worth it in the end. I have found my favorite Elektron pairings are silver+Analog. This way I can push the analogs further with MIDI LFOs from their respective partners/silver boxes.
:elmd: + A4
:elmm: + Rytm

Live performances treat each pairing like a “deck”.

11 Likes

And you get TURBO mode for em all :loopy:

1 Like

Wow! Seems like you’re well covered with the gear. Just had to ask you about acoustics and soundproofing, how’s your room? I mean if that were my room (only slightly jealous hehe), that’s what I’d look into for perfecting the situation.

You have a lot of space for that OT :slight_smile: What is that yellow speaker on the left?